A desperate plea

He arrived once again in her world, to a scene more spectacular than any other he had seen till now. Kyojuro silently stood in awe watching Kohana stand in the middle of a field beaming with glowing lights, as she birthed a new world of her own creation.

The maiden became the very paintbrush to the canvas of her world, with each blossom of a flower, a flick of a hand, even the exhale of a single breath a new life came to be

The maiden became the very paintbrush to the canvas of her world, with each blossom of a flower, a flick of a hand, even the exhale of a single breath a new life came to be. Like a sacred possession her movements danced like a fae, emitting glows like a northern light.

It was neither familiar or unfamiliar, and the closer he looked the more he was reminded of a view. The ground below, thriving with flowers from the different meadows he laid, the butterflies with hues of the sea, the soul like lights shining like the stars and spirits that guided him. It was neither spring, summer, autumn, or winter but a product of them all.

The springs breeze, the summers blooming of life, autumn's nostalgic comfort with raining petals, and winters cold and pure shade. Nothing was what he had seen before, but yet nothing was unfamiliar. A truly one of a kind and contradictory existence. Watching life grow in front of his eyes, from seeds to flowers, from chrysalids to beings that took flight, the world revolved in the speed of light, until not a single inch of the land was left untouched.

"So this is how you create these places Kohana! Interesting!"

Kyojuro announced, taking the initiative to approach her after the magic ceased. Kohana always strived to show him everything that he could want, and everything in her power as he became a irreplaceable existence that brought light to her grey world. Without him she began to wonder, just how did she live before? These few years incomparable to the time she survived, was more than enough change her very being.

So much so that without him, no matter how vibrant she made her world, it would shine no more than a common newspaper on the road. She didn't need anything from him, not money, treasures, or anything from the world outside she only had the recollection of solitude from. All she needed to be content was his touch, his presence, and his empowering voice, a pure affection one can say.

Holding her hands behind her, she turned on the balls of her feet, skipping backwards with each jump like a float. Kyojuro followed her in kind, admiring the beauty of the artist who created the work. Her presence blended well within the scheme of her world, if not for the colour of her flesh and the white kimono she wore one could easily loose sight of her.

However kyojuro wished he could see her in a different type of white kimono meant just for him, though that dream was just a distant one he hoped to achieve. "Kohana, Kohana, Kohana, oh how I adore you" his gaze spelled out. A blazing passion that can burn down any obstacle.

He eventually caught up to her twirls, at the stem of the great tree that looked to be made from the same material as her antlers. Reflecting the image of the two as they sat down back to back, leaning on each other as support. Her much smaller silhouette against his, and as he looked to his left he could faintly see himself from a young age slowly fade into what he is now.

"It's quite interesting how you've seen me grow up, I wonder if I'll still be able to run around with you like this once I'm old and grey"

He whispered with his chin pointed up, feeling her slight movements as she shifted her head. Laying her ear against his back with a serene expression, and closed eyes resembling the slumbering fairy queen Titania. Listening to the rhythm of life that beat within kyojuro.

"That reminds me, I may not be able to return here for a few days!"

Kyojuro announced, as Kohana looked at him through the reflection on the great tree with a smile.

"There's quite a troubling case that I need to take care of, so before then I won't be able to come here unfortunately"

It wasn't the first time she heard this from Kyojuro, and every time she was confident he would return, that is before a branch of her antler made contact with him. She flinched at the sight of a familiar dye, the same one that warmed her aching body years ago. A flower snapped off her antler, slowly swaying down to the floor lifeless as it began to wither as such.

"Speaking of which, it should be dark by now! I need to depart soon so I can complete this task as quickly as I can!"

He rose to his feet, taking away the sturdy presence that gave her reassurance. Before kyojuro could fully straighten himself up, he was pulled back by a gentle force by the wrist.

 Before kyojuro could fully straighten himself up, he was pulled back by a gentle force by the wrist

He looked back surprised at her response, it was the first time she had ever done so. Kyojuro could see the fear in her eyes, with a ominous cloud of purple grew in them. Even her smile didn't have the same life as it did moments ago. "Was it because I said it was troubling? I had never said that the last few times I told her, maybe that's why" he thought a great, misunderstanding. A smile appeared on his own lips, just like she did when he couldn't. If you can't smile then I will for you, and if i can't smile then you will for me.

That was how they always were, because in a sense those smiles were all she had to keep her going in the past.

"It'll be fine, I am stronger than I look, so don't worry I promise to come back alright?"

Kneeling down on one knee, he placed his palm around her hand that carefully grasped around his.

"Ah that's right, I almost forgot I got this for you while I was out the other day!"

Reaching in his pocket, he pulled out a kanzashi made with silver and gold, adding it to the other flowers that decorated her.

He admired her beauty with all he had, burning this moment into his very being, hoping it would fuel him for the days they were apart

"Though I'm sure it can't compare to the flowers you already have, I thought it would look good on you!"

He jested, holding his hand on her cheek with a thumb slowly moving in a left and right motion, comforting her anxious heart. He stayed with her as long as she needed, until she was finally ready to let go as reluctantly as she was.

"Kohana, I'll be right with you"

His voice rang, both softly and passionately giving her a bit of hope that the sight she saw would never come to life. Her grasp eventually parted with him, a grasp that kyojuro could've easily shaken off but didn't. A touch that was once big enough to hold both of his hands in hers that no longer could. If she were stronger, bigger like the tree behind her, would she have been able to stop him? She thought watching as he walked away and disappeared.