YOU: 2

You are woken up by the sound of moaning. But not that kind of moaning you little freak.

You sit up so quickly that your head hurts. You're in a dark room with a small bed, a dresser, two bookshelves, and a little table with one chair. There are no windows. You are currently on the bed, and next to you on the floor is a shivering, groaning Estelline. Her pained cries echoed throughout the silent room.

You pull her onto the bed with you. She seems to be having a nightmare. You shake her a few times, and resort to pinching her awake. "Ow!" She yelps. Estelline's eyes snap open and she looks around, finally noticing your worried face. "Oh.. it's just you." She mumbles. Then to your surprise, the blonde girl begins to cry and bury her face into your chest.

"What's going on? Where are we? " She sniffles.

You look around the room again."I can only assume that we're at Marion's place," You reply.

"Damn it.." She whimpers. "Why haven't I died yet?"

"Well.. I told him not to hurt you."

"And you believe that he won't?"

That's a good question. You stay silent for a moment and finally answer with the best response you an think of: "I dunno."

Estelline sighs sadly and pushes herself off of you only to give a pained yelp and clutch her chest. She looks really pale. Instinctively, you slowly move your hand to her shirt and looked into her eyes. "May I?" You ask. Estelline purses her lips and nods. You slowly unbutton her shirt and gasp in surprise. Estelline's wound is huge and is in the process of infection. The bullet that Marion shot is still inside. Surprisingly, it's fairly shallow, you don't know why, but it is. But without proper treatment she'll die for sure.

"Is it bad?"

"Uhhh it's kinda... well it's definitely gonna leave a wicked scar if that's what your wondering."

"No dumbass, what I'm wondering is if I'm going to survive the night." Her voice is trembling and she lets out a cough.
"I really don't know, I think the external bleeding stopped but that doesn't mean that there couldn't be internal bleeding. We need medical assistance ASAP." You said.

And the only person you know that could help you now is Marion (being the medical student that he is) but that was obviously not an option.

You need a way out...

"What are you thinking?" Estelline whispers. She coughs again, but to our shared horror, she coughs up blood this time. "I'm thinking... that we need to get out of here." You say.

"Yeah, but h-how are we gonna do that?"

"I don't freaking know, Estelline, walk out the damn door??"

You pause. Wait, that's actually worth a shot.

You slide out of bed and start to walk around the dark room until you feel the doorknob. Your fingers curl around the knob, and to your surprise, opens.

"No way.." Estelline whispers.

You hesitantly peer out the open doorway. The hallway is dark and there are two more doors— one door next to this room and just another at the end of the hall. You look behind you and see Estelline stumble out of the bed. Even though Estelline is in bad condition, there was still hope for you both to escape.

After Estelline slips her cold, sweaty hand into yours, you both hobble out into the hallway. You try opening the first door next to you, but it's locked. Then came the door at the end of the hall. You walk over and twist the knob, beads of sweat dripping from your forehead.

You can hear Estelline's haggard breathing as she leans into your shoulder, shaking in anticipation.

You tense up as the door creaks open slightly, and you slowly look inside...

Marion sits silently on a large plush chair in front of you and you nearly let out a scream. Suddenly, you feel Estelline clamp your mouth shut. You realize he's sleeping, and the both of you let out a sigh of relief. Estelline points behind the sleeping male and you see a large door. That is most definitely the exit. Looking around the room, you notice that this must be the living room.

Though dimly lit, you see two couches with pillows sitting in front of a long coffee table facing a fireplace adorned with a TV. A large, full kitchen is on the right of you and you notice tons of bookshelves around the area. This place is way too expensive for a mere college student, you think to yourself. But nevermind that, it's time to get out of here.

You and Estelline slink through the room silently towards the door. She reaches towards the door before you and tries to open it. "It's locked from the inside.." She hoarsely whimpers. Frantically, you both look around for a key.

You slip past the still sleeping Marion and get to the coffee table. You see outlines of stuff on the table and slowly graze the items with your fingertips. Your hand stops on something hard and metal, picking it up. The key!! But as you pick it up gleefully, you see something else of interest. Lots of paper? No, envelopes. You read the words on the back of the letter.

To: Estelline  From: Marion

More letters from Marion? Didn't you already read these at Estelline's house?
No, some of them are different. He must have kept some letters of his own and took all of Estelline's as well. You have a weird feeling bubbling in your stomach, and it's not your lunch talking to you.

Without thinking, you grab the pile of letters and shove them into your pants. You hear Estelline whisper something to you and look up. She's mouthing 'Did you find the keys yet???'

In response you lift the metal items up for her to see and slowly tiptoe over to the door. You both huddle together and slowly insert the keys into the lock and start to open the door—

SCREEE SCREEE SCREEE SCREEE SREEEE

'THERES A MOTHER EFFING ALARM HOLY—', you internally scream. Estelline yelps in surprise and slips backwards.

SCREEE SCREEE SCREEE SCREEE SCREEE

"Estelline!!" You cry. You try to grab her before she is completely on the ground, but it's too late and she's screaming hysterically and writhing in pain. Her head is bleeding.

SCREEE SCREEE SCREEE SCREEE SCREEE

You look up and see Marion jump out of the chair and look around wildly before finally seeing you. The expression on his face is unreadable, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that he's not happy.

SCREEE SCREEE SCREEE SCREEE SCREEE

THE DOOR GET TO THE DOOR ITS OPEN.
That's the only thing you can think of at that moment. You launch yourself toward the door, reaching your arm out to grab onto something. Marion caught your arm mid air and twisted it to the floor harshly. You cry out in anger. SO CLOSE TO FREEDOM—

SCREEE SCREEE SCREEE SCREEE SCREEE

"GET OFF ME ASSHOLE!!" You scream. He pins you on your stomach and pushes your head up towards him, leaving you in a funky position. "Why are you so damn stubborn!?" Marion cries. "I just want to make you happy, can't you see that??"
"WHAT!? YOU'RE INSANE- LET ME GO MARION!!"

SCREEE SCREEE SCREEE SCREEE SCREEE

"I won't talk to you like this!" He grabs your face and smooshes your checks together, making it so you can't talk. "I will talk to you later when you feel like behaving."

Marion gets back up and grabs your ankles, dragging you back towards the room he originally put you in.

"NO NO STOP SOMEONE HELP ME HEL-"

SCREEE SCREEE SCREEE SCREEE SCREEE

"MARION STOP PLEASE IM BEGGING Y-"

SCREEE SCREEE SCREEE SCREEE SCREEE

"MARIOOON!!"