YOU: 7

The letters have been fairly boring so far just random highschooler conversations. You didn't like highschool. It was too loud and stressful. Not that being a lonely adult with little social life is much better than being an awkward teen with no friends. It's kind of the same, but now you pay bills and eat slightly moldy bread.

It sounds like this was before Marion had asked Estelline out years ago. Seems like they were friends. Too bad that this is how they both ended up.

You feel Estelline move in her sleep (she is still napping in your lap.) You've been applying pressure to the place where her head was bleeding because you're pretty sure that you were supposed to do that.
Or is that something you're not supposed to do?

You look at the bullet in her chest. You really need to pull that out, but how?

Suddenly, there's a knock on the door. You quickly shove the pile of letters under the bed and pull Estelline closer just as the door opened.

"Sweetheart? Are you doing alright?" Marion's tall figure makes a silhouette against the light in the hallway. You immediately look away. "Go away." You say. You hear Marion sigh. "I made some dinner, I know you must be hungry. It's been six hours since you last ate."

You roll your eyes in annoyance."Of course you'd know my eating cycle," You mutter.

"Please come with me," Marion says. "We can talk over a meal like civil adults. I know you have questions, I can answer them for you. But please.." He walks closer to you and stands next to the bed. "Please don't ignore me."

You cringed. He's sounds so pathetic.

"Please don't ignore me."

If there's one thing you've learned about Marion, it's that he hates to be ignored.

You slowly slide out of the bed, pushing Estelline to the side. You look at Marion who has his hand out for you to take.
What a gentleman, you think sarcastically.

You push his hand away and let him guide you to the kitchen.

Off to the side of the kitchen is a small dining area with some sort of pasta on the table.
After being sat down and settled, you quickly dig into your food. You're hungrier than you thought. Marion stares at you lovingly as you slurp and slobber all over your plate.

"Adorable..."

"What did you say?" You ask.

"Hm? Oh nothing, my love."

"Stop calling me that, I'm not your lover.." you burp.

You didn't see the deep frown on his face as he whispers,"Oh, I wish you were."

You wipe your face with a napkin nervously and lock eyes with him, making the corners of Marion's lips tug into a smile.

"Listen," Marion says, "I know I haven't been the most patient, but I'm truly in love with you. I can't sleep without you, I can't eat without you. I can hardly focus on anything without needing to see you or hear your voice. It's driving me insane."

"Damn, sounds like a you problem."

"It is a problem. And you're my perfect cure. I know I've messed up a little in the past but I just don't know how to make you love me.." Marion clasps his hands together and stares at you intensely.

"Marion, you can't make someone love you, love is an feeling, you can't force a feeling. Plus I barely know you. Oh yeah, and you murdered a bunch of people like Anthony." You reply.

The air in the room seemed to get colder as you sat waiting for Marion's reply. You watch Marion twist a ring around his finger slowly- it must be a nervous habit.