001.

──── chapter one

{ 🔮 }  · rocky start

{ 🔮 }  · rocky start . ݁ ٬٬ ࣪

KEEP FIGHTING.

Her hair all over the place, the pony-tail she had almost undone, hanging loose from the top of her head. Her breathing was heavy, eyes unfocused and body screaming for her to stop. Drops of cold sweat fell from her face, her neck almost shinny in the dimly lit room. She was tired, way too tired, but she went on, ignoring the signs her body was giving.

She couldn't stop. Not right now. She needed to continue. She needed to fight back.

Her head pounded. Millions of thoughts running though it, several ones she didn't understand. She ignored the blackness that decorated her skin, all too used to a color she sees. Darkness clouded her mind, like a cloud of unforgiving things she wanted to do. She knew she wanted to do. But that wasn't her. She would never do that.

Wrong.

You lie.

I know you better than you know yourself. You want this.

No!

Succumb.

Her body flew in the air by the force knocked into her, but she expected it. Her instincts kicked in and she landed on her feet, skidding across the floor. She moved like a mist, her movements clean and fast, confusing her opponents. She appeared and disappeared in a cloud of vapor she created, a blur within the smoke. Her fingers sparked, black and purple surrounding them as she muttered under her breath as she moved, making the person in front of her collapse under the influence of magic.

She moved forward, breaking the wall the second one created, shattering it like a broken glass, fragments of it flying everywhere and disappearing as she moved though it. Her head tilted to the side and the second person collapsed as she made their body freeze up and turn into stone.

Only one was left.

The last one watched, waiting patiently. The oldest ones were the trickiest. They were the smartest, lived the longest and knew her the best. They didn't move as she stepped in front of them, keeping some distance as her mind calculated her every step. Earthen eyes stared at the blue ones the oldest had, deep like an ocean, holding memories from their past. None of the moved, waiting for the other person to start.

Keep fighting.

Their hands rose at the same time, entering the world of their thoughts as they tried to find one that will make them suffer the most. She tried to fight back. She tried to enter the other's mind deeper, push past the the wall that was blocking her but she couldn't. She pushed harder, forcing her body to scream at her to stop, aching for break that it deserved.