002.

──── chapter two

{ 🔮 } · percy is a dumbass and also

{ 🔮 } · percy is a dumbass and also. . . dreams! . ݁ ٬٬ ࣪

MADELINE HATED PROPHECIES, but we already knew that. Her dreams have been weird, to say the least ─ glimpses of her future, what she will eat next week, the blonde boy that keeps appearing in her dreams. . . and many more. She's not complaining, he's handsome she could not deny that, but Madeline keeps having dreams that involve him and her together ( which, to her was weird ).

This one was no different.

And it was scaring her.

Sets of couches and low tables were carted into the some type of forum until it resembled a furniture showroom. Groups of teenagers lounged in groups of ten or twenty, talking and laughing while wind spirits swirled overhead, bringing an endless assortment of pizzas, sandwiches, chips, cold drinks, and fresh-baked cookies. Drifting through the crowd were ghosts in togas and armor. Around the edges of the feast, satyrs trotted from table to table, panhandling for food and spare change. In the nearby fields, elephant  frolicked with Mrs.O'Leary, and children played tag around the statues.

Madeline saw her friends sitting at one of the tables, surrounded by people she didn't recognize. There was she, Endora, Annabeth, Percy, as well as Fredrick and Josie and the blonde boy from her earlier dreams and the two other kids she saw. Beside them were a boy and a girl Madeline saw for the first time.

The girl had shoulder-length curly cinnamon brown hair and gold eyes. Her dark skin seemed to glow, bringing out her eyes even more. Madeline noticed a glyph tattooed on her arms, as well as the letters SPQR, and one stripe underneath.

The boy next to her was of Chinese descent with a large and stocky frame. He had a babyish face with brown eyes and close-cropped black hair. Unlike the girl, he had an image of two crossed spears above the initials and a single bar line beneath.

At the head of the table stood a girl with piercing black eyes, glossy black hair worn in a single braid, and gorgeous brown skin. She had this sort of gaze that could only be described as she was not afraid to take on any challenge. Madeline noticed that the worry lines around her eyes made her look older than she probably was. She has SPQR branded on her forearm with four bar lines, unlike the other two, and a crossed sword and torch. She wore a regal purple toga decorated with gold medals over a golden armor which Madeline would strange.