Part 8:

Shuichis POV:

Me and Kaede chatted for a while, until we saw the waitress handing our food.

"Here's your order!" Said the waitress, smiling at the both of us.

Kaedes eyes glimmered, and she thanked the waitress.
She took the strawberry donut and took the banana milk.

"You seem to enjoy it," I chuckled, staring to her eyes.

"It's really good!" She chugged on her beverage, but caught me staring at her. A soft pink formed on her face, and looked away.

"Oh uhm.." both of us said, in union.

Why is it so awkward?

I mean, we're friends after all.. so why do I feel weird?

That ache from my stomach is coming back again, making me wince.

"Shuichi, are you okay?" Kaede asked, tilting her head.

"Ah! Oh, I'm fine.." I assured, fidgeting my hands.

Kaede narrowed her eyes, and touched my hands.

I blushed again, and shook my head. "Mmm.." I mumbled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After me and Kaede were finished, we both started walking home. It was awkward for a while, until Kaede asked me a odd question.

"Shuichi.. do you believe in love?" She told, facing towards me.

"Love?" I repeated, "Come to think of it, I've never thought about love.. and I'm not sure if I believe it or not." I tucked one piece of my hair against my ear.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Kaedes POV:

I've always had a big fat crush in Shuichi.. but I don't think he'll like me.

Especially whatever happened in middle school, I bet he would never fall in love with me.

My lips fiddled, and clutched my hands.

"Kaede, are you alright?" Shuichi said, as he reached his hand to my shoulder.

I was shaking.

I couldn't stop shaking..

But I still did.

"Wow!! Look at the time, ahahah.. bye!!" I made a dumb excuse.

"Kaede!!! Wait!"

I started running, and I cant stop. Tears formed in my eyes, and I slapped myself.

"Ugh.. why am I crying?!" I said too myself.

I tripped on a twig, and fell and scraped my knee. Blood was dripping, and I covered my knee with my hands.

Me and him are only friends, but why... does my stomach ache so bad?!

Why do I feel this way?! Why do I feel like.. I want him to be mine!?

Shuichi.. Shu.. Saihara.. why does he do that?!

WHY DOES HE PLAY MY HEART?!!!

I covered my mouth, tearing up more. I can feel the rain resting in my body.

But..

Someone laid their umbrella on top of me.

I looked up, and it was him.

"Shuichi.." I stared at him, as he stared to me.

"Why do I play your heart?" He asked.

My eyes dilated and I scooted back. "HUH?? WHEN DID YOU CAME HERE?! I-I THOUGHT YOU WENT ON WITHOUT ME!! A-AN—"

Before I finished, he grabbed me, and put his hand on my waist, and dropped his umbrella.

Shuichi then pulled me into a deep hug, and made it impossible for me to escape his grip.

He got closer to my neck, and whispered softly.. "I don't play your heart, Kaede. At least.. I hope I'm not."

"But I mean everything I say, that you mean everything to me. I adore you. I look up to you.. I-I.."

"Love you."

I started blushing a lot and breathing a lot, due to that soft whisper. it gave me the chills!

But those words, made me wanna cry more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Third person POV:

Kaede bursted into tears, and started crying more. She buried her head into shuichis shoulder, while Shuichi patted Kaede's head, and rubbed it.

"I-I Love you too." She stared into shuichis eyes, but she let got of shuichis grip.

"But how can I heart like yours.. Ever like a heart like mines?" (A/N: If yk or heard of the lyrics then ily)

"I did bad things to you.. in middle school." She faced away, and felt guilt in her stomach.

"I forced you to love me, which lead us to an unhealthy 'relationship' .."

"I don't understand how—"

*Mmm!*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kaedes POV:

I felt his lips, as they touched mine, and put his hand on my cheek.

He pulled me closer, as he kissed me.

He soon let go of me, and stared to my eyes, as I stared into his.

"You mean everything to me."

Word count: 727