Six

Aria couldn't sleep or rather her brain had too much stuff in it to be able to rest

Aria couldn't sleep or rather her brain had too much stuff in it to be able to rest. She got up to see if anyone was in the same situation as her, but unfortunately not. She walked out of the floor to clear her mind of the games. A door intrigued her, it was written 'roof', she smiled and ran to climb the hundreds of steps. She came over and sat down against the ledge. Her feet were wandering around and she realized how high it really was.

"The place is taken." She turned to be met by Clove who sat few feet away. Her heartbeat fasten, it was probably nervousness to be around a future murderer.

"I'm sure we can share this rooftop, I mean look at that. These are real plants and flowers. At home it's difficult to admire nature because of the industries."

"So? I like to think alone."

It was strange to interact with someone who hours before threat to kill you.

"Maybe you think too much." Aria had an idea. "My dream is to fly like in the story my Grandma always told me about. It's about a boy who takes children and brings them to Never Land. A country filled with pirates and fairies. They are creatures from before the Dark days. He only takes children and they stay young for all eternity at that country. Of course the Hunger Games doesn't exist. One day he meets a young girl who had been given a thimble to symbolize her first kiss. The two got to know each other and fell in love. She gave him her thimble as a sign of love and they kissed. Did you ever heard of that story?"

Clove was already annoyed, she didn't know where to put Aria. She couldn't describe how she felt about her. The easiest way was to put her on her target list. It was the reasonable way.

"I have never heard of that childish story, in my district we don't need to go over the past we prefer to look ahead." For Clove, the only way she could find to show her self-confidence was to be mischievous around others. It wouldn't get her far in a long run, however, it was the key to success. Aria was taken by surprise by Clove's hateful remark, but covered it easily with a chuckle.

"Maybe, maybe you're right, but it's the only way I've find to keep what little of my childhood I have left." She waited for an answer, but was met by a more than pleasant silence.

The two girls looked at the stars and the lights of the Capitol. Aria suddenly stood up on the edge of the roof and felt the wind on her face. She couldn't help, but smile at the feeling. Clove on the other hand was on the lookout, was she going to jump?

She didn't care what might happen to her, however, she didn't want to put the gamemakers against her for letting one of their Tributes die. She slowly approached the redhead to take her from behind. She stopped dead when she heard her voice.

"As I said before my dream is to be able to fly, to fly so high that I could pass the clouds. Join the birds and fly with them. Go away from Panem and find out what is at the end of our walls. I feel so trap here, like a bird in a cage. Maybe Never Land exists for real I would fly with Peter Pan and the Tinkerbell, I might find my Peter Pan too who knows I might give her my thimble too."