Eighteen

So dark, why wasn't I able to see?

The night was up and Clove fell asleep while Aria stared at the moon. She was cold, but lighting a fire would be the end for her. Not the end because a Tribute will see it, the end because Clove will kill her for doing the stupidest thing. The cold enveloped her every thoughts, she could sense the temperature getting lower every minutes. Her lips were becoming blue and she couldn't sense her hands. The desire to light a fire was becoming unbearable until she saw light coming outside the cave.

What was it?

All her mind told her not too, although she had nothing to lose, right? No one will hurt or scared her. The light was synonyms with happiness and warmth. A warmth that she missed. Clove wouldn't mind because she was asleep so she started walking. She felt like every step she was making made the light far away. Her walking became a jogging until she was running.

Voices could be heard. She recognized them all too well. Joshua, Rue, Katniss, Peeta, Finch – all were screaming her name for help. She couldn't stop running and then she saw it. She saw their bodies being murder by no one, but her. The machete she was holding kept hitting them until their faces were unrecognizable. She was hurting them.

She tried to scream, telling herself to stop 'Please stop' that it was wrong 'No'

"No!"

Her eyes widened. Her lungs filled with oxygen, however, it did not help. She couldn't think, she couldn't breathe, she couldn't live. Her whole body was shaking and every breathe she took hurt even more. Her heart roared from her chest in all its forms as she wondered if one day it would all stop. Her whole being was out of whack like a compass that could no longer find north.

Suddenly, an unknown warmth was felt on her cheek. The girl raised her eyes and for the first time a pair of hazel eyes looked at her with concern. Never she had seen the brunette this way. Never she had felt compassion from her. Never in the great never. However, her palm on her cheek made her feel good.

Clove tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, then pulled her close. The only thing Clove could feel was Aria's soft breath on her neck. That breath was sufficient to reveal some of the feelings that she buried inside. Feelings that she was afraid to explore, yet that she was dependent on.

They had trained her never to show these emotions. To be a soldier and nothing else to never show any weakness, because it could cost you your life. Aria, she was the fissure in the wall she had built for herself. What would happen if she let it infuriate her? What would her district say about her? Would she still bring honour at home?

*(bonus)

"Stop moving. You are making it worst."

"I never ask for your help in the first place."

To make an alliance worked, fundamental trust was the key. They didn't know how to trust the others. They lived in two different world, Aria lived in poverty and happiness while Clove lived in luxury and loneliness. There weren't many subjects to talk about. The only way Aria thought of showing her trust in Clove was to heal her wounds. She didn't clean it after the Feast which made Aria mad. She knew career only thought about fighting and winning. Although if your wounds were infected you will die.

"Why do you hate me so much?"

Since day one, she sensed resentment toward her from Clove. Even the specials moments they would share, she felt a little bit of hate. They were water and fire. They could be perfect together for a moment and the after perfect unknown. She never felt better and wanted when they were kissing, but after... it was like a wall was built. Did they only like each other for their physical traits or because of their personality traits?

"I don't hate you."

"Then why are you like that? Why are you being nice and one minute after distant? We're ally. We are supposed to trust each other if we want it to work."

"I-I don't know how to act around you Eight. You are just so.. when I am with you I feel something I have never felt and it frustrates me."

A smile made his way on her face while she looked at Clove. Aria placed a hand on the career's shoulder.

"Let's be friend."

*(end bonus)