Twelve

During The Fallen, they heard about the death of Katniss Everdeen, the girl on fire

During The Fallen, they heard about the death of Katniss Everdeen, the girl on fire. Aria remembered hearing two canons went on while running for Marvel. It didn't occur to her that it was Glimmer and Katniss's canons. They both die from bees. The food on Peeta's hand fell, his faces was full of shock. Aria approached closely from him.

"I love her and I've never got the guts to tell her or even to make her remark me. A-And now she's gone, she was the only reason I was fighting in the arena. She was what kept me from going mad."He started crying while Aria didn't know what to do. The eyes of Peeta were full with sadness and despair. He was madly in love with her.

When the young girl was eight years old, her Grandfather died. It was her first experience with death. She remembered feeling nothing, but sadness and anger. She was angry because she didn't understand why he had to leave her so soon. Fury infuriated her while her Mother hugged her and told her that she will be fine. Sadness finally surfaced and she cried for days. Her Grandmother didn't leave her house for weeks before she move in with them. Peeta probably was feeling like her Grandmother. She hugged him closely while he cried and murmured to him that everything will be fine like her Mother did.

She never knew Katniss, although her death affected her in some way. Katniss was the start of something new. What will happen to the 'something new'? Finch didn't say something to console Peeta nor made an action about it. She gave her usual stare like she was analyzing every each of them, they could feel her dive into their souls. The girl was smart to not let her emotions influenced her actions. Being allies with them didn't make them her friends nor people she cared about. Every chances she got, she remembered that only one person will go out of the arena. Being friendly with them will only clouds her calculation when needed.

Peeta didn't move an inch since The Fallen. He looked like a ghost, an emotionless one. The girls decided to stay for a while even if it wasn't safe for any of them. Peeta needed to grieve a little before diving back into the horrid show. The boy needed something to root for, something to make him step up.

Dinner was coming, Finch decided to hunt and let Aria talked to Peeta. If they wanted to live, they needed to move even a few kilometres. Aria caress the palm of Peeta's hand which made him look up. A smile of compassion and comprehension flashed her while pity appeared. He probably didn't sleep a lot since bags were forming below his eyes.

"Finch went searching food, she should come any time soon. You should eat, I think your body needs it."

"One day at our District, I burned some breads and my mother told me to give it to the pigs because no one would want to buy it. I saw her outside during the night, she probably was weak. I threw one bread at her instead of giving it in person. I was a coward because I was too scared to talk to her. Promise me that if you love someone, you will tell them."

"I-I promise and you, promise me you're going to fight, fight for Katniss. She wouldn't want to see you like that. Win for her, and for your family."

Silence. He didn't respond to her nor did something. Finch came back and prepared dinner. She successfully hunted a rabbit and picked berries. Their bodies were place in a circle, to hid the fact that they were in an arena to fight, to trust no one and to die.

"Eat up, it's going to be cold and the savour will disappear." Finch said while her allies only stared.

Aria nodded to Peeta for him to eat, his face needed colours. She was about to take a mouthful of rabbit, Finch distracted her. Her expression was odd. The most of the time she was scowling or staring, however, her face was, was..nervous. She was tensed and little drop of sweat could be seen on her forehead. Something was wrong. Her eyes wandered to her plate, she didn't eat at all. No!

"Peeta! Put down the food now!" His eyes widened, but the bad was done. His breathing became hard while his pupils were dilating. Aria approached him abruptly and put her hands on his cheeks. "Peeta calm down, breathe slowly. I-I don't know what to do. Finch, what should we do?"

She didn't move.

"Finch, he's dying!he's.." All click. The food was poisoned. She looked at Peeta.

"Aria, fight for Katniss and I. Promise me." As she slowly felt all the warmth of his hand go, the canon went on. No, no, no, no! The girl turned around and received a savage punch on the cheek. The impact made her dizzy while she received an another one in the stomach. Pain infuriated her muscles and she couldn't fight back because Finch kept hitting her. The taste of metal filled her mouth.

"I'm sorry Aria, I am breaking the alliance. At first, I only wanted you, last night I realized that you will never abandon Peeta. Peeta didn't have the qualifications to win, and also you now."

Finch took her machete to end Aria, however, she caught her hand in time. Her eyes widened, blood flooded from Aria's hand. A sudden charge of pain occurred on her jaw, her teeth gritted. Aria fell down again. Every part of her hurt. Her gaze slowly reached her bloody hand and horror could be seen. She choked from the realization, she had hurt her main weapon.

Finch kicked her stomach until her mind told her that Aria passed out. The redhead sat beside the corpse of her ex-ally. The thought of killing again made her sick, but it was the only way to win. She calculated every possible scenario in her head. Killing Aria will make the third faze of her plan complete. She held the machete and placed it on Aria's chest. Her eyelids closed and oxygen filled her lungs before opening her eyes again.

A scream was heard when Aria threw a bunch of rocks on her face. The grip on the machete loosen and Aria kicked her throat which made her stepped backward. The machete in her hand, Aria brought the metal object closer on Finch's throat. The girls stared at each other.

"You killed Peeta."

"Make it fast, please." Finch said as she closed her eyes. Aria's gaze met the food.

"Don't do something you don't want people to do to you." The redhead opened her eyes confused, she sensed food being push in her mouth. She tried to scream, although Aria kept her hands on her mouth so she would be obligated to eat. Finch was scared, yet she finally abandoned. Water flooded her sight as the poison purified her veins until the last thing she saw was the cloud sight of her killer.

Aria didn't realize the canon went on until the night came through. The Fallen got her out of her thoughts. Her eyes looked down and saw the corpse of her ex-ally. She screamed when bugs were already eating her. She turned around, the corpse of Peeta was nowhere to be find. They probably took him, but couldn't take Finch because she was too close.

She finally closed the eyes of her victim and pack her belongings to leave as far as she could. Her body was a mess, the pain was gone. She couldn't use her left hand until it heal properly and she lost a lot of blood. Her vision was blurred and every steps she took became harder and harder. Aria kneeled down beside a tree. She couldn't feel her body anymore. Everything seemed so exhausting.

She remembered the cream she used the first day. She applied the most on her hand and drank the rest of her water. It was reckless, but Aria thought the end was near. Without assistance, she will die from blood loss. She wasn't scare though, exhaustion was enough to erase all the fear of death. This is it. Before passing out, she whispered only to herself.

"Someone please, help me."

Author's note

We passed the 500 views! I am so happy, thank you to everyone.
Please, comments your thoughts about the story and have a nice day.