Kokichi's Revenge (1)

It was dinnertime at Casa V3, and the kids were eating a dinner of pizza, since Kaede and Rantaro, the ones in charge of making dinner, didn't know what to cook. So, they suggested that they should have a movie night where they ordered pizza and watched a Disney movie. The pizza arrived, and everyone settled into the living room for the movie. Kokichi stood up to get a Grape Panta from the fridge. When he opened the door, however, he noticed something strange and unusual.

    "Hmm...that's strange and unusual," Kokichi muttered to himself, scratching his head. He was supposed to have had 16 cans of Panta, but he only counted 15. "Hey, Himiko!" he called out to his girlfriend.

    "Nyeh...what's wrong, Kokichi?" Himiko asked, walking into the kitchen.

    "Did you take one of my sodas?" he asked her. 

    "No," Himiko replied. "I...don't like Grape Panta all THAT much." Kokichi dramatically put his hand to his chest as if he were offended.

   "Excuse me?! I'm sorry, but I'm not fluent in blasphemy," he joked. Himiko smiled and rolled her eyes. Chuckling with her, he took a soda and went back to the living room to ask the others. "Hey, did any of you guys take one of my sodas?" he asked. Everyone shook their heads.

   "It was not me, since I cannot consume food like everyone else," Keebo said.

   "Kehehehe...It was not me, either," Kiyo said. "Do you know what that stuff does to your body? Surely it cannot be good for you."

   "I didn't ask if it was good for you," Kokichi replied testily. "I just asked if anyone took it!"

   "Sorry, Kokichi," Kaede answered. "I don't think anyone did." Kokichi looked around at their faces to see if they were lying, but everyone seemed to be telling the truth. 

   "Kaito's gone," Tsumugi said. "You can ask him when he gets back."

   "Ohhh, yeah," Kokichi said, noticing Kaito's absence. "Where is he, anyway?"

   "He's at the gym, again," Maki answered grouchily. "It seems he's got nothing better to do than spend countless hours there. There's nothing wrong with training, but does he have to do it ALL the time?" 

   "HA-HA!!!" Miu laughed obnoxiously. "You really wanna piece of his Kit-Kat bar, dont'cha?" Maki glared daggers at Miu. "Eeeeeeeeeeee...what? I was j-just k-kidding!" Miu whimpered in fear.

   "I'll just wait 'til he gets home, then," Kokichi muttered, wrapping his arm around Himiko before sitting down to resume watching the movie with the others.

    ***

    Kaito pulled up in the driveway later that evening. He was hot and sweaty from spending pretty much all day at the gym. He walked into the house where it was completely dark, save the light emitting from the TV in the living room. He wanted to ask everyone what they were doing, but he was too thirsty. So he headed to the kitchen to grab a protein shake. When he looked into the fridge, however, he remembered with disappointment that he had forgotten to buy some more. 

   "Geez," he muttered quietly in annoyance to himself. "I just gotta have somethin' to drink!" He then noticed Kokichi's Pantas. He looked behind the door to see if anyone was watching. "I suppose it wouldn't hurt if I took another one," he said to himself. "I'll buy the brat more, anyways." He took one of the sodas and tried to open it as quietly as he could and began chugging it. When he closed the door, his heart nearly jumped out of his chest at Kokichi standing there so suddenly where the opened door had been. 

   "What'cha got there in your hand, Kaito?" Kokichi asked with a smile on his face. Though Kokichi had an innocent look on his face, the tone of his voice had a slight edge of malice in it as if he were threatening Kaito. 

   "Uh...er...um...you don't mind if I take one of your sodas, do you?" Kaito chuckled sheepishly.

   "*Did* you take just one?" Kokichi asked, his smile becoming smaller. 

    "Um...yeah, just now," Kaito replied, shifting from side-to-side uncomfortably. Kokichi's face suddenly became dead serious, causing Kaito to sweat all over again.

   "That's a lie, Kaito...isn't it?" Kokichi asked, staring Kaito dead in his eyes. When Kaito didn't answer, Kokichi merely shrugged. "Well, it doesn't matter," Kokichi added, his smile coming back.

   "I-It doesn't?" Kaito asked with unease. "Y-You're not mad?"

   "Hm? Mad? Why should I be mad?" Kokichi asked, casually putting his hands behind his head. "You worked hard all day. It only makes sense that you should be rewarded for your hard work, riiight?"

   "Um...sure, I guess," Kaito replied, still feeling unease. 

   "Nee-heehee...relaaax, Kaito," Kokichi said. "I'm not going to do anything to you. Go on, drink the rest of my soda." Kaito stood there, not daring to look away from Kokichi. "Go ahead, go ahead," Kokichi urged. Kaito cautiously brought the can up to his lips and started drinking, all the while keeping his eye on Kokichi. Kaito finally finished and tossed the can into the trash.

   "See?" Kokichi said, flashing Kaito a toothy grin. "Was that so baaad?"

   "Um...no, I guess not," Kaito replied quietly. "Um...thanks for letting me have it, Kokichi." He nodded at Kokichi and walked away swiftly, leaving Kokichi behind.

   "Oh...if you thought I let you have it now, just you wait," Kokichi muttered under his breath with a menacing smile.