Chapter Fifteen

JACKS POV:

I could feel a delicate breeze softly crashing against my ears, the sound of waves rushing over worn rocks in the shallow pearly surf.

Muffled squawks followed in their wake, seabirds overhead singing songs on the salty spray, the rippling waters bolstering them effortlessly through the stilling air.

Light began to seep in through the small slits of my eyes opening seamlessly, the ethereal glow brightening as it kissed my cheeks with its warm greeting.

Rising up, I could see my surroundings lowering as I loomed over them. The soothing straw bed beneath me rustled under its new concentration of weight, swishing with the undertow of breeze rejoicing in whirlwinds from the doorway.

My lungs filled with the cooling air, it's freshness rejuvenating full life through me, the salty sweetness caressing my throat as if I'd never taken a breath before, as if I had, in that moment, been created and I was taking my first gulp of the world.

My relaxed feet swung over the sandy earth, quietly crunching the minute remains of glass and stone between my toes.

"Morning."

I looked up to see my blonde hair, swooping over his caramel eyes, dripping with sweet silky essence, enticing me into their deep pools of enchantment.

His smile shone brighter than the sun that should've made me feel insignificant under the mercy of its fiery rage, but really it was his beaming happiness, his tender innocence, his sparkling joy that made me feel as if I was sinking slowly to the depths of the earths core, encapsulated in his paralysing bewitchment.

Elation was not a pure enough word to explain the euphoria coursing around us, I could feel my heart pulsing, ripping through the air, it was just us, just holding eachother, just as it should've been.

Quickly wrenching myself from him, not bearing to be completely separated after all that time, I kept my hands on his firm shoulders, their bony structure floating up and down with each breath, his living breaths.

"What-" I began, becoming wholly startled.
My voice had sounded unnaturally echoey, the words loosening off my tongue and falling to the floor, seeping to every corner before rushingly bouncing back into my bruised brain, that had slowly begun to claw its way from the might of Newts allure.

I smiled, furrowing my brows in confusion, shaking my head. But he wasn't looking at me.

"Nothing you need to worry about." He smiled softly, looking back up to meet my stunted expression. My heart had painfully retracted every pulse of excitement it had released, imploding in on itself, viciously destroying me in its nightmarish process. My ears rang with hellish volume, stripping the sea from its pit in my memory, replaced by the thought that he was truly gone, and I was never going to see him again.

"It's ok." He said, nodding reassuringly.

'Ok?' I thought. None of this was fair. My memory screamed a blood-curdling shriek, overpowering my vision, turning it a sullen dark black. Now that I knew the truth, how could I survive? How could I survive when he hadn't?

"How can I miss you when I don't even know you."
The question eluded both of us. It may aswell have never been asked. I knew, and he knew, that no matter how much we missed eachother, it wouldn't change anything.

"I don't think you realise how much I miss you."

"Then come back." I pleaded aimlessly, already knowing his answer, my back slouching under the heaviness of this new torture, the suffering thought of never knowing mutating at an alarming rate through me.