𝙲 𝚑 𝚊 𝚙 𝚝 𝚎 𝚛 𝟻

Sophie was at the gun range with her father and Spencer. She didn't know how she got here to be honest. One minute she was talking to her best friend Serena about their plans for the upcoming weekend then the next, Spencer calls her rambling about how he needed his 'emotional support person' at the gun range because he found her father intimidating.

 So she went with her father and here she was, at the gun range watching Spencer shoot horribly. 

"Did Elle teach you that" her father asked amused at where Spencer decided to shoot the bullet.

"They're going to take away my gun" Spencer deflated not seeing amusing about his current situation. 

"Here let me give it a go" Sophie had used a gun a few times at the gun range with her father. She wouldn't say she was perfect at it but she wasn't exactly bad at it either. Spencer gave her the gun as she gripped her hold on the gun. 

She took two calming breaths and hit it in the middle/chest area two times and the shoulder once. At least, it wasn't worse than Spencer's.Her father looked at her with pride as he saw how effortlessly she did that. 

"When I joined the BAU, Gideon said to me, 'you don't have to carry a gun to kill someone'" her father explained to Spencer. On her way out she patted Spencer's shoulder in a way of saying 'good luck'. He was gonna need all the luck he could get

The next day, Sophie was with Elle in the BAU when she told Gideon that Spencer had failed his qualification. Gideon then went on about how he could re-test again. 

"Yeah but he's gonna be embarrassed about it, so let's not mention it" putting emphasis on the mention bit and looking at Derek pointedly. Derek turned around in his chair when Gideon also said 

"Yeah let's not, huh?"  Derek agreed to not mention anything when Reid came whilst Sophie was busy coordinating her smarties like the color of the rainbow. Derek tried to take some of the smarties but one smack at his hand and he retreaded with a pout on his face making sure Sophie could see it so she would give him some. Sophie did not budge. She was used to the tactics he had used often on her.

As soon as Spencer had come, Sophie went to give him a hug. It was a small act of affection but it meant everything to Spencer. Derek got up and Sophie thought he would be comforting him but at the end of his sentence he brought out a whistle when he said 'if you ever need anything'.

Sophie and Elle both glared at the back of his head when he turned to go back at his desk. JJ then came and talked about a shooting whilst Sophie pretended not to listen in. Her father caught onto the act and sent her away to Garcia's office. Garcia looked up from her computer as soon as the door opened and her face brightened when she saw her Soph. Sophie slumped on the chair that was made for her and looked at Garcia. 

"So... about this cas-"

"No"

"No?"

"If the end of that sentence was 'about this case' I cannot tell you"

"Please?" Sophie pulled out the face Garcia fell for as  Garcia quickly turned around when she saw the look on her face. 

"Nope, I am not looking at your cute little face"

"Why not"

"Because I fall for it every single time"

"Ok it's gone now" she was lying. Garcia turned around and dread filled her face as she saw Sophie's face. 

"Fine" Garcia accepted in defeat. She explained the whole case to her as she and Sophie shared comments and smarties along the way.

A/N: So sorry for the slow update, I have end of year exams coming up like in a week. On the plus side, half term holidays are next week so I could fill in some new chapters. Thank you all for reading, take care of yourself and your mental health. I'll see you next time with a new chapter. Maybe even a longer one. Byeee <33

 Byeee <33