The begining?

Everything was dark, and I could hear a distant rumbling. Then it felt as if my surroundings had changed. I opened my eyes.
Standing in the middle of some sort of room, I scanned my surroundings. Along the far wall were six lifts, each with a strange symbol on the doors. The room itself was red, with crimson walls and ceiling, and a blood red floor. Looking up, I made eye contact with a bored looking receptionist. They pointed down, and my eyes strayed to the front of their desk. On the front, a sign said "welcome to hell"
"Oh right, I died."
I didn't mean to say that out loud. The receptionist sighed.
"C'mere kid." Hesitating for a moment, I walked over to the desk. The receptionist perched their fingers over a keyboard. "Name?"
"Uh-  Damien Wright."
A low beep sounded from the computer, and the receptionist frowned.
"That's weird," They mumbled under their breath. "There's no info, but the only one who's authorized to do that is...no, must just be a glitch in the system."
They looked back to me, as if calculating something in their mind.
"Okay Damien, how about you tell me what has happened in your life since now and January 1st."
"What?"
They shrugged.
"There was a problem with the system that tells us what sins you committed, just gotta do it the old-fashioned way."
"Well," I rubbed the back of my neck nervously. "I did accidentally summon a deamon that day."

December 24th 10:37pm

"Damien! Are you going to come down here?"
"Coming!"
A round of laughter sounded from downstairs. Heading the word of my mother, I quickly straightened my tie and joined the party. My mother beckoned me with a wave. I knew that she always liked to dress flashy, but she went all out tonight. A sparkling green floor-length gown was her dress of choice for the party.
"I don't believe you've met my son, this is Damien."
I gave a smile to the random guest my mother was conversing with.
"Hello, it's a pleasure to meet you."
"Oh what a polite boy! How old are you dear?"
"I'm eighteen ma'am."
"So you're a Senior? Where do you go to school?"
"I go to Treeline Highschool."
"That's a very esteemed school! You must be very smart!"
I let out a light laugh. "I suppose so!" My mother laid a hand on my shoulder, giving it a not-so comforting squeeze.
"Why don't you go find your father? I believe he's outside in the garden." I nodded and turned towards the door. The garden extended fairly far into the backyard, consisting mostly of roses and other flowers. My favorite part of the garden was the frog pond. Mostly because my mother was too repulsed by the frogs to come anywhere near it. And there my father was, sitting on a little stone bench, watching the stars.
"Father, Mother wants you to come back inside." He didn't speak to me, only nodded and stood up. Leaving me staring into the calm waters of the pond.

~~~

"Good Bye! Until next time!"
The last guest shuffled out of the house as my mother closed the door behind them. For a bliss second, nobody moved. Then I felt the sharp sting against my cheek, making my head turn with the force. My mothers welcoming smile turned into a furious scowl.
"What the hell do you think you're doing brat?"
"I did everything you told me to-"
Another slap, this one made me stumble a bit.
"I told you not to talk back to me. Understood?"
"Yes mother. I'm sorry."
She grabbed my tie and pulled me towards her. The fabric rubbed uncomfortably tight against my neck, and I had to resist the urge to push her away.
"You got a B on your first semester assessment."
Crap.
"I recall specifically telling you to make sure you get straight A's."
"It won't happen again, also, the assessment doesn't count onto our grade. It's just to see how much you've learned and how much more you need to learn-"
She threw me to the ground and pulled her leg back. I was just barley able to curl up before she started kicking me.
One to the gut had me winded. The rest just hurt because of her heels. Throughout all of this, my father just stood and watched. No readable emotion on his face.
After a bit, my mother finally stopped. She pointed upstairs.
"Go on. Get out of my sight."
She didn't have to tell me twice. I stood up as fast as possible, body aching, and quickly went upstairs to my room. It was the only place in the house I felt comfortable in, and it had a lock on the door that my mother hadn't bothered to remove. After locking said lock, I flopped onto my bed. Letting out a sigh, and gingerly rolling onto my side, i glanced at my desk. Recently finished homework sat in a neat pile, next to my computer, which dinged. With a light groan, I got up and shuffled over. I had got a new email, I clicked on it with confusion and a little bit of hope. It read:
"Dear Mr. Wright,
We are pleased to inform you that your housing offer has been accepted. You now own apartment D4 in the "Sunset apartments" complex. You must have all your belongings moved into the apartment by December 29, or-"
I stared at the screen.
"I...I got it?"
A smile spread across my face, and I leaned back into my chair. I bought my own apartment! My smile fell quickly though, how was I going to tell my parents? Would they even let me go? I decided to just go to bed, and figure out what to do in the morning.

Alright guys I'm back! Thank you everyone who has supported the story that I started writing and abandoned! I'm trying really hard to write as much as I can but my brain is not letting me. I'll try to get as much as I can posted on here. Hope you all like it!