Chapter 3

"And here's your key."
"Thank you."
I walked into the elevator and pressed the button for the 4th floor. The doors opened with a ding, and I walked down the hallway to the door marked D4.
"I guess this is it..."
After I had flicked on the light-switch, I looked around the room. It was a small one bedroom apartment, with a kitchen and living room. The bedroom had a window, closet, and bathroom attached. As I set my backpack down I realized I didn't have anywhere to sleep. There was no way I could go back to my parents house to get my mattress, and I'd have to wait until tomorrow to go buy one. Luckily, the bedroom was carpeted. I grabbed a warm hoodie out of my backpack and curled up on the floor. Quickly dosing off to sleep

The next day, I bought a mattress, couch, dining table and chairs all to be delivered to my apartment. A slight dent in my savings. But, at least I was out of my parents house. I still had a few hours until the furniture would be delivered, so I decided to explore the area a bit. I was within walking distance from my school, as well as being near a farmers market. Since that was up and running, I grabbed some groceries for the week. After that, I started making my way back home. Just as I set my groceries down, a knock sounded at the door. I opened the door, expecting it to be the delivery guys.
"Hello! I noticed you just moved in, I'm your neighbor, Amelia!"
She stuck out her hand with a smile. I smiled back and shook it.
"Nice to meet you. I'm Damien."
"Hey, are you alright? Your face is kinda bruised."
"Crap, is it really noticeable?"
She shook her head.
"No, I couldn't really see it until I got close. What happened?"
"I- um, I ran into a street pole."
"Ouch!"
"Yeah, I wasn't looking where I was going and ran right into it!"
I laughed a little, and she joined in a bit.
"Well I gotta go, if you need anything I'm just a couple doors down." she pointed down the hallway. "I hope you like it here!"
"Thank you!"
As she closed the door to her apartment, the elevator dinged open with the delivery guys.