6

Thursday practice turned into Friday school, which lead to early out and early practice. Shiro, instead of sitting in his corner of the gym, found himself back home, laying in bed wondering if he should call Miyabi.

He felt... horrible to put it bluntly. He knew it was just nerves; a mix of his normal anxiety and a new douse of self-loathing and anger that made his stomach so upset, but he hated it. He hated feeling sick, and he hated feeling sick over something so dumb.

Shoyo deserved the world, and who was Shiro to deny him.

That morning Shoyo had come to wake him up per usual, offering a cold mask when Shiro had said he was sick, but he just couldn't bring himself to get out of bed. He'd played it off as a stomach bug due to his weakened immune system from the accident and his general dislike for people, but in reality, he was just disgusted with himself.

Emica had tutted at him softly, bringing him a couple of water bottles before laying a chaste kiss on his forehead. She'd returned a few minutes later to remove Natsu, who had climbed into his bed when she'd heard he was feeling sick, and bring her to school, and then Shiro had been left alone. He'd managed to fall back asleep, waking up only to be feeling mildly better and to a barrage of text messages.

The majority of them were from Shoyo, unintelligible things that the reader on Shiro's phone struggled to get out, asking if he was better and if he needed to pick anything up on the way home. There were a few from Emica, telling him to stay hydrated and take some medicine if needed, and one from Miyabi asking if she needed to come over. He responded to them all, slowly and methodically, but the ones that he stalled over the most were from Tanaka and Sugawara.

He was, to be completely honest, surprised that they had texted him at all. He'd gotten Tanaka's number the very first day, and had gotten Suga's only a day later, but neither of them had texted him until now. Tanaka had only sent one text, asking if he was alright to which Shiro replied that he'd gotten a small stomach bug, "probably food poisoning" he lied. Tanaka responded almost immediately despite being in class, but Shiro chose to ignore it in favor of listening to the two texts Sugawara had sent him.

The first just said that Shoyo had told him that he'd gotten sick and was indisposed, hoping that he felt better when he read this and that he made a speedy recovery. It was very sweet; a kind gesture from someone that Shiro had met not even a week ago, and it made him feel even more guilty.

The second text, which was actually only from about thirty minutes ago, was short and curt; Sugawara saying that he was skipping out on practice and coming over for tutoring.

It- ...

It made sense in a way, as long as you didn't look too far past the surface. Shiro was smart, he was way above the average for kids his age, but Suga coming over for tutoring didn't make any sense. Suga was smart, he probably didn't need tutoring, so it was for something else all together.

Shiro found himself looking up at his bedroom ceiling with unseeing eyes, laid sprawled in a way that made Natsu whine at him for taking all the covers when he normally did it, and he found himself drifting in his confusion until a sharp knock at the front door sounded through the house. At first, he ignored it, thinking it was just a delivery being dropped off, but when it sounded again he groaned, grabbing his phone and struggling to get it to tell him the time before the third round of knocks sounded along with a soft, "Shiro, I know you're here, Hinata said you would still be home!"

At Suga's voice, Shiro found himself freezing in place. He'd listened to the text message multiple times, he knew that Suga was coming over unprompted, and yet it all seemed like a dream. He hadn't actually expected the other male to show up, he hadn't expected him to make the thirty-minute trek up the hill to his house from school.