Chapter 3

Three men dressed in fine clothes and decked with jewelry came with their weapons. One of them had that big gada (mase). He had a big bulky body and looked like a player in WWE. He came towards me like he wanted to murder me. The second one possessed bow and his constant gaze was on the car. He looked curious and alert and ready for any attack. The last one had a double ended sphere. His face was neutral. It felt like it was a daily occurrence for him, a car falling on him. But something in me told that he was the leader.

I think they are the three eldest Pandavas. But what are the odds that I will land on them. Yeah and what are the odds that you would be here my thoughts pointed out. Now was not the time for that. Even though I hate to run but fighting them would be reckless. But what other option did I have, as I could clearly not run.

I did not wait for them to make me come out of the car. As their gaze landed on me their posture relaxed. I should have been happy, instead this move made me angry. What if I was a giantess disguised as a maiden? Was I looking that harmless? According to me I just came flying out of thin air. Was it a normal occurrence here?

The last one spoke first, "Kim tava naam dhayeyam devi?" According to my broken Sanskrit it was, 'what is your name lady?'

"Mama naam Aarohi asthi. Aham n devi." I think I said that my name is Aarohi and I am no lady. But now they looked at each other confused. Did I say something wrong? I regretted the day I said my mother I don't want to learn Sanskrit. I just hope they don't ask something difficult.

But right then the last one said something which I couldn't understand. I replied, 'huh' which of course wasn't the best thing I would have said and then they started talking to each other.

What do I do now? How can I Iearn Sanskrit in two minutes? I knew what I had to do but did not do it because I dreaded the outcome. I knew I had to call to Krishna.

So I went near car and opened the door to take out the earpods. I could feel their eyes on me but did best to ignore it. There was a button on earpods I pressed it and then put them on my ears and the bell started ringing.

"Hi", I said.

"Pranipat behena, mujhe laga tum call hi nahi karogi, pata nahi kitni deer se pratiksha kar raha hu." (hello sis, I thought you wouldn't call, don't you know that I am waiting for you from so long.) The other side said as I couldn't believe Krishna would call me sister.

"Who are you and why are you calling me your sister? I have no brother." I really thought Krishna did some prank and now was really not the time for it.

"You hurt me sister. Who doesn't know me? As I can clearly remember you asked for me last night and we talked and now in the morning you forgot me."

"Are you really lord Krishna?" I asked shocked. I never really thought my first conversation with God would go like this. Oh leave it, I never thought I would talk to God.

"Murli, Mohan, Hari, Kesav, Gopal, Govind, I have many names, you can call me lord Krishna even though I would prefer bhai. Now I don't think you called me to know my name which you already know." Krishna said.

Instead of beating around the bush I directly asked, "Well, I had a favor to ask." I was nervous, as anyone on my place would be. First time you talk to god and ask him favors.

"Yes behena," he replied patiently.

"Well I would really love to understand what these people are saying." I asked crossing my fingers.

"If you would have paid attention when mother was teaching Sanskrit, you wouldn't have to see this day." Krishna said scolding like an elder brother.

"Please, aapne mujhe behen kaha hai na, apne behen ke liye itna nahi karoge?" (please, you have called me your sister, right wouldn't you do this much for her) I begged.

"...."

"Pretty please with cherry on top," I tried to be cute because I was desperate.

"Okay okay if my sister says then so be it. But on one condition."

"What condition?" I asked even though I knew I have to say yes.

"You will call me bhai from now." I was mentally screaming that Krishna is my brother. Oh how would I love to take gifts from him on raksha bandhan.

"Behena!" Krishna, no bhai called.

"Oh yes ofcourse I would love to call you bahi"

"Okay bye then-"

"One second, what should I tell them?" I asked.

"I heard you are good at weaving lies, so create one. I believe you will tell them as good as I can." I don't know if I should be happy or angry at the above statement.

"Okay sister take care."

"Don't worry, bhai I can take care of myself." I proudly told him.

"Oh you misunderstood me. I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about the people with whom you are now. Don't traumatize them so much that they will freakout."

"What!!!"

"Okay bye," and the call was cut.

(Whenever English is spoken from here it will be in italic form.)

Now I paid attention to my surrounding. Those three men were staring at me. The bulky one said to the last one, "Jyesht, I think the girl is gone mad." I would call that to myself too, but he was just being rude.

"And who might you be?" I asked him looking right in his eye. If I said that they looked shocked right now that would be an understatement. They looked downright traumatized. Serves them right, thinking I was a meek creature.

For some seconds they stared at me, I thought why not introduce myself 'properly'.

"Hi, I am Aarohi" I said bringing my hand forward for a handshake. They looked at my hand with a question in their eyes.

"Oh sorry" I said bringing my hands together for a Namaste.

They still did not say anything so I asked, "Won't you introduce yourselves to me?"

Breaking out of trance, the last one said, "Yes devi, I am Yudhishthir, the eldest son of Pandu of the kuru dynasty. These are my brothers" he said pointing towards the big guy, "Bheem" and then pointing towards the archer, "and Arjun."

So they were really the Pandavas, I guessed correctly. It felt good to be with good guys. Ofcourse I had better reaction than that but I wasn't going to show it and make a joke of myself.

"Who are you and where are you from? Also you did not tell your lineage? And why are you here? Is there something I could do to help you?" Such a gentleman you rarely see one of those nowadays. I guess because of that Yudishthir is the one speaking.

Dear God,

I am sorry for all the awful lies I will speak. Please understand I do not have any other option that I can see right now and have mercy on me

Amen.

"I am twin sister of Vasudev Krishna of Dwarka of Yadav race." 

----‐-------------------

Thank you for reading.

Word count: 1298