Chapter 48

Somewhere deep in the forest, a small lime green troll covered in many scars and bruises ran as quickly as she possibly could, the tiny girl swerving around trees as she huffed and puffed with exhaustion, her heart racing wildly in pure and utter terror...

     She had to get away... get away from this torture... before her captor came back to finish the job...

     Little did the small troll know... she wasn't alone...

     Lurking just out of sight, it's figure hidden away in the shadows of the darkened night... there was a large beast lurking just a little ways away, it's large green eyes focused with a burning intensity on the running troll...

     "Grrr..." it growled softly, readying itself to give chase to it's prey... she wasn't going anywhere...

     Quickly, before it's victim could get away once and for all, the beast lunged, taking off in hot pursuit of the little troll, cutting her off within seconds, the monster standing firmly in front of her to block the escape of this little run away...

     "AHHH!" the tiny girl screamed out in shock, stopping her retreat instantly once spotting the threat right in front of her, instead beginning to back away slowly...

     Her eyes wide in absolute terror, she watched as the beast stepped closer and closer to her, the large fur covered creature finally coming into the light of the full moon to reveal what it truly was...

     A wolf...

     Slowly, the wolf approached it's dinner, the beast growling fiercely with narrowed eyes.

     "Uh... umm..." the troll stammered nervously, backing away as she looked desperately around for a way to escape...

     As she backed away, however... she suddenly tripped on a tree root sticking up out of the ground, the tiny troll falling down flat onto her butt...

     "Please!" the little troll begged, looking up at the beast with wide tear filled eyes, knowing their was no way she was getting away from this unfortunate situation. "Don't hurt me!"

     As the wolf approached, it slowly rose up to it's two back feet, the beast suddenly transforming into an orange troll with reddish-brown hair to match the color of his alter-ego's fur...

     "Going on a little late night jog, are we?" the orange troll questioned with a menacing smirk, his hands crossed smugly behind his back...

     "I... I was just..." the green troll stammered, her heart trembling in terror.

     "Well... I have news for you..." the Weretroll stated, leaning in to the little troll to whisper something into her ear... "I love... fast food..."

     He smiled, tauntingly showing her his wolf fangs to scare the tiny girl even farther...

     "No! Wait!" she begged. "I... I have news!"

     Pausing, the wolf troll straitened himself up, intrigued by the little girl's words...

     "Well... it better be good..." the orange troll stated, crossing his hands behind his back once more. "I'm not in a good mood. There's another wolf you know... stole my meal... and now... I'm hungry..." Again, he leaned down, his eyes glowing menacingly as he stared the little troll in the eyes. "And you know how I get when I'm hungry..."

     "Y... yes sir... I... I am aware..." the green troll gulped, scooting back just a little bit as the Weretroll gently slid his sharp wolf claw across her neck... "But... but it's not a... a wolf..."

     Raising an eyebrow, the orange troll backed away in slight confusion, waiting for his prisoner to continue...

     "It... it's a Weretroll, sir... a... another Weretroll... and... and he lives in the troll's village...

     The wolf troll's eyes lit up in shock at that unbelievable statement... another Weretroll? That made his traitory of befriending a worthless troll even worse...

     "Another weretroll, hugh?" he smirked, cunningly turning back to the little green troll. "Well then... I guess I'll just need to pay our little friend a visit... who is he?"

     "N... no one knows, sir..." the tiny girl answered. "They're doing a very good job at hiding their secret. If not... they'd already be dead by now..."

     "No matter," the weretroll shrugged, turning away as he crossed his hands behind his back once more. "I can make them come to me..."

     Once again, he looked back at the terrified green troll with a sly smile...

     "And you, my friend..." he chuckled softly. "You're assistance is no longer required..."

     Quickly, before anything else could be said or done, the evil orange Weretroll turned back into his wolf form, it's giant teeth going straight for the little girl's neck.

     "No! Please!" the troll cried out in a desperate tone as the wolf dug it's fangs deep into her throat. "AHHHHH!"