22 - What Did You Say?

" I said, 'I would never fall in love again unless it's you I fall into.' "
- until I found you by stephen sanchez

"Isn't it... sort of weird," I confessed, taking a sip of the tea that had just arrived at our table, already feeling the judging glares of civilians, "we're wearing gowns and suits in a local cafe," I commented.

"Your point?" Ryan argued as he slurped up his spaghetti, "the food's great either way," Emma just rolled her eyes at Ryan's response.

"Classic Ryan," She said before wiping her mouth with a tissue and pushing her plate forward, "anyway, me and Ryan have been thinking... maybe we should go to the cinema to watch our movie! And wait," a dramatic pause follows, "we're going in disguise!" She said ecstatically, Walker and I's faces lighting up at the idea.

"Wait, we are? Oh wait, we are," Ryan said, being clueless as always when it comes to discussions during meal times. His mind seems to always be focused on the food, nothing else.

"Why isn't my food here yet," Walker whined, looking at everyone's food with pouting eyes.

"Patience," I said before loudly slurping my noodles as a stunt of mockery, a couple more whines coming from Walker.

"Stop it, you're making me more impatient,"

"Mm, so yummy,"

"Shut up!" He laughed, his food arriving shortly after.

————

Walker's POV (finally)

"Zebra?" I questioned.

"No, no, it's uh, a cat, or something," She rambled.

"Oh! Tiger!"

"Yes!" I flipped the phone, a new word appearing on the screen.

"Oh, okay uh, it's... a candy that you love very much,"

"Skittles?"

"Yes! Okay quickly, you don't have much time left," I could hear a timer ticking louder as I flipped the phone to reveal a new word.

"Uh... electronics! Where you do zoom calls,"

"Laptop!" I said before the timer ran out, "Oh my god,"

"Congratulations, Scobell, you got 7 words." Y/n teased.

"I'll do better next time, shut up, it's not like you can do any better," I handed her the phone and reset the deck of digital cards. The timer started and the first word, 'army' showed up.

"Okay uh, you know war? Yeah those uh, group of people who fight,"

"Army?"

"Yeah, okay next one," she quickly flipped the phone, the word was 'sushi'.

"Alright... it's your favourite thing to eat,"

"Vegetables?"

"No, it's Japanese."

"Ohh, sushi,"

We continued a few more rounds before we got sick of it and decided to go on tiktok instead. I was scrolling before I heard a loud squeal come from Y/n.

"What is it? You scared the hell out of me,"

"Look!" She scooted closer to me and showed her phone.

"An edit of us?"

"Yeah! In the movie!"

"And?"

"Don't act like you aren't flustered,"

"Shut up,"

"That might be your most used word,"

"Yeah, because of you,"

"Oh come on, I'm not that bad of a person,"

"You are,"

"I'm not,"

"... fine, you aren't,"

"Oh I knew that, you didn't have to say it. The blush on your cheeks says everything,"

"... shut up."

————

It was the next day and the four of us were already at the cinema, Emma and Ryan were lining up to get popcorn.

"I still can't believe that's how you look in a cap," I said, tapping Y/n's cap on her head with a sheepish smile.

"Oi," She slapped my hand, making it retract immediately, "at least I don't have to wear a completely different style,"

"Hey! I like the style," 'style' meaning a black hoodie and cargo pants, "you're literally wearing what you always wear.

"I don't always wear this, what do you mean?" she said, directing to her short black bottoms, white crop top and white zip-up jumper, "I look like I'm going on a jog,"

"I've got the popcorn and drinks~" Emma danced as they approached us holding popcorn and drinks.

"Woo!" Ryan exclaimed, almost dropping the popcorn.

"Careful! I'm not lining up again, the line is horrid," Emma warned him.

"Oh come on, if it drops I'll line up, come on you two," We walked up to the entry gates, walking to our assigned hall. There was a poster of our movie on the wall, glass displaying it.

"This feels so weird, watching our movie," I whispered to Y/n as we walked side by side to the hall.

"It really does," she responded as we entered the hall, lights dimly lit and quite a number of people were already seated as advertisements played before the movie began. We sat in our respective seats, the movie starting moments later.

During the movie, me and Y/n exchanged a few snickers during some of the scenes that took forever to film. The product was great, it almost felt as if I was watching an ordinary movie. Y/n fell asleep halfway through the movie, which made me a bit sad, but I couldn't really blame her. We slept a bit too late last night.

Her head lay on my shoulder as screams and shouts erupted from the projected screen. I lay my head on top of hers as I took a handful of popcorn and stuffed it into my mouth, intrigued with the movie.

"I like you so much." I mumbled out of nowhere.

"What?"