ch 9

After school had ended, the four friends were sat outside of the 'Mystic Grill' folding the pamphlets they would be handing out later tonight.

"Well, I was talking to Grams, and she said the comet is a sign of impending doom. The last time it passed over Mystic Falls, there was lots of death. So much blood and carnage, it created a bed of paranormal activity" Bonnie looked at Elena as she placed her finish pamphlets to the side

Rolling her eyes, Caroline looked at Bonnie "Yeah, and then you poured Grams another shot and she told you about the aliens"

The blonde then turned to the brunette "So then what"
"So then nothing" Elena shrugged

"You and Stefan talked all night? There was no sloppy first kiss or touchy feely of any kind?" Caroline questioned smacking Kayla's hand as she went to eat some of the fries in her basket
"Heavy handed ass" Kayla mumbled rubbing her hand

"Nope. We didn't go there" Elena shook her head once more

Looking across the table at the girl directly across from her, Kayla asked "Y'all ain't even high five after? Damn Gilbert, you really making him work for that vajayjay huh? Good for you girl"

"Elena, we are your friends. Ok? You are supposed to share the smut"
"Not too much now...light details only please"

Shrugging her shoulders Elena responded "We just talked for hours. No smut. No nothing"

"OK, what is with the blockage? Just jump his bones already! Ok, it's easy. Boy likes girl, girl likes boy, sex!" Caroline simplified with a smile
Elena leaned back in her chair crossing her arms "Profound"

The conversation died for a second as Bonnie leaned over the correct Kayla's folding, or lack there of as she tried stealing Caroline's fries again.

"Get your own fries!"
"Yours are cold any way" Kayla rolled her eyes as she finished up folding the last paper in her pile when Elena started to gather her stuff

Seeing her movement Bonnie questioned the girl "Where are you going?"

Elena held her bag in hand, pushing her chair into the table "Caroline's right. It is easy. If I sit here long enough, I'll end up talking myself out of it instead of doing what I started the day saying what I was going to do. Kayla, you said you were gonna head home to change? Can we go together?"

The Salvatore girl looked at her friend who had her hands clasped together in a begging motion "Why do I gotta go with you on your 'Sexual Endeavors'?"

"You keep me honest" The Gilbert girl smiled with her ha ds still clasped. Rolling her eyes, Kayla stood up, grabbing her things.

"Bonnie, could you give Caroline a lift home? I drove today and your designated white friend is forcing me to help her bump uglies with my cousin"
"You and Caroline are both so poetic honestly" Bonnie rolled her eyes as she shook her head before nodding "Yeah, Care can ride with me"

As the two girls walked away, Caroline nodded "We are pretty poetic huh?"

Having arrived at the birding house Elena goes to the front door and starts to knock"Girl I live here? Why are you knocking? Just go in, the porch lights on so someone's here"

"Girl I live here? Why are you knocking? Just go in, the porch lights on so someone's here"

"I've never actually been in your house, I didn't wanna be rude" Elena shrugged before going to open the door when it creaked open

The two girls glanced at each other before Kayla started to turn around.
"Where are you going?"

"I'm tryna figured out if I remembered seeing a car in the driveway"
"Why does that matter?"

Kayla slowly turned around with squinted eyes and stared at Elena before turning back around and walking to the side of the house where Zach normally parks

After turning the corner and seeing a Chevy Camaro, thinking 'Is that Damon's Car?'. Walking back around to the front towards Elena, Kayla opens her mouth to start speaking when she sees the door wide open and Elena gone

"You've got to be kidding"

As kayla walked into the house, she heard two voices, Damon and Elena. The two seemed to be talking about something or someone of interest.

"The last one?"
"Yeah. Katherine, his girlfriend? Oh, you two haven't had the awkward exes conversation yet"
"Nope"
"Oops. Well, I'm sure it'll come up now. Or maybe he didn't want to tell you because he didn't want you to think he was on the rebound. We all know how those relationships end. Hey Kayla"

Ignoring him Kayla looked at Elena "Are you dumb? Why would you walk into a house with the door already open?"

"It's Mystic Falls, nothing bad ever happens here. I didn't think someone would really tried to break into your home" Elena replied to Kayla before turning back to Damon and responding to his last statement
"You say it like every relationship is doomed to end"

The blue eye Salvatore shrugged "I'm a fatalist...Hello, Stefan."

Elena and Kayla turned around shocked to see Stefan, not having heard him come in

"Hey Kayla. Elena. I didn't know you were coming over" Stefan greeted the two with his eyes on Damon

Elena looked towards Kayla who looked at her and shrugged "Umm I know. I should have called, I just..."

Cutting the girl off Damon brushed her sentence off "Oh, don't be silly. You're welcome any time. Isn't she, Stefan? Kayla? You know, I should break out the family photo albums or some home movies. But...I have to warn you. He wasn't always such a looker"

Kayla glanced between the two brothers before she stepped to the side, wanting to get a fuller view of what was happening before her

"Thank you for stopping by, Elena. Nice to see you" Stefan spoke again. In Kayla's option it seemed as if he was pushing to get Elena out of the house. Away from Damon most likely.

The brunette nodded "Yeah, I should probably go. Thanks for bringing me over Kayla. It was nice to meet you, Damon"
Raising his hand to wave goodbye, Damon smiled "Great meeting you, too, Elena"

Watching Damon's eyes scan Elena and Stefan's unmoving position, Kayla squinted in confusion before she turned around to go upstairs and find an outfit for tonight. As she walked away she yelled a 'Bye' over her shoulder to Elena.

Walking up the stairs to her room, Kayla caught a bit of the conversation before she couldn't hear more due to the distance

"Did you over-exert yourself today? Let me guess...hospital"
"Someone had to clean up your mess"

Kayla shut her door and started searching through her closet as she turned on her sensia radio as Mary J. Blige's 'My Life' album fills the room.

"What the hell am I about to wear?"