💥7💥

I backed my mom out of the hospital with no idea of where I will head to. We roamed around for hours and had no choice than to rest in an uncompleted but roofed building, I later convinced Ummi to let us stay since I was told when I confirmed that the owner of the building died recently, so it will take time before they continue work on it.

We stayed their for months and thanks to God nothing bad happens. I worked as a Carrier, I will go to work in the morning and come back by evening while Ummi will stay back home to sell pure water and fruits.

I know whether I like or not, I have no choice than to stop schooling for the meantime, I pray we get God's favour soon.

This day, I left for the market as usual and begin my work. The job is very stressful and embarrassing but what can I do, we won't feed on stones.

Salmah: {to a young girl of her age, who's beautifully dressed}
                   Excuse me ma, do you have any goods you need me to
                   carry( I asked enthusically)
Zahra: {looks disgustingly at her} Ohh! I have few things you will carry to my car. Here are they( she points at a bunch of goods lying helplessly on the ground).

Salmah: Ok ma, (she said as she carry the good and follow the girl to where her car was parked)

You need to be fast or I will have to deduct from your money, she fired and Salmah moves faster as she mistakenly hit the girl which earned her a slap even before she can form the statement I am sorry

Zahra: keep it! I don't need your sorry. You poor people always have problem, as if you are born to destroy the rich ones

Salmah: I am so sorry ma(holds her burning cheek, where she received the slap). {She notice the face seems familiar and she wondered if she's seeing right} or is this Zahra I am seeing??

Zahra: how did you know my name you riff-raff

Salmah: calm down, don't tell me you can't recall my face. Salmah, you buddy

Zahra: Subhanallah, Is this you?? guyyy you have really changed oo I miss you(she said and hug her tightly) what happened?? How come??

Salmah: it's a long story, let's leave that for some other time. Where is your car parked so that I can put this goods, its getting late

Zahra: Noo, we're taking this together( she collect some stuffs from her) my car is just few distance more from here.

  They put the goods in the car and Zahra tell her to get in the car as they zoom of to Salmah's home. They get there to meet Surojah pleading with a girl who refused to have the change, claiming its torn.

Salmah: what's going on here??

Girl: thank you ooo, is it not this useless woman who gave me torn and ruffled money as change.

Salmah:( slaps the girl) you have the gut to call an elder useless not to talk of my mom. (The girl apologized and walked away)

Surojah: you ought not to have slapped her

Salmah: she deserves more than that. That's not a polite way to address an elder.

Surojah: (notice Zahra) And you didn't tell me you have started moving with people of higher standards than you... you need to trend carefully oo

Salmah: no Ummi, I know my worth. She's my old friend in school

Zahra: Salam aleykum ma, I am Salmah's best friend in school, we met in the market

Surojah: Wa aleykum salam my daughter. How have you been??

Zahra: I've been good ma
              I learnt about the loss, may Almighty Allah forgive his sin.              
              and blesses him 

Surojah: Ameenayallah, thank you dear

    They entertain Zahra with few fruits because she insisted on having nothing. The two friends catches up the old time and laugh when required.

Zahra: you know I will always be indebted to you, you helped me a lot and I will be forever grateful

Salmah: (smiles as she remembers the moment) you don't need to thank me. I did it for friendship sake