59 : Sei Bruno - The Wager's Result

On the day of the Advent Festival, I met with Missouri at the front of the statue fountain of the first saintess. Many people seemed to have chosen this place for their meetings and as a result, the plaza was crowded by a great number of people. Even the stalls that took it as a business opportunity had quite the customer traffic.

The chosen Saintess representative was above the wooden stage built by the sacred church. She was wearing a loose sacred robe and offering a prayer. The brown ponytail she had stood out from the veil she worn on her head.

 I was told that the one performing the role of the Saintess today was Chaco Brown. As one would have expected, the academy newspaper that she released had apparently angered Prince Leddorio. Thus, Prince Yello had suggested having the lady attend in Lady Momo’s place, considering that she wouldn’t be able to attend the festival and perform her duty.

Well, Advent Festival is just a mere annual event held for the festivity of the populace and offers no help in averting the real crisis. This is probably the reason why they deemed that a substitute would be fine, which is also the same for my role as his highness’ representative today.

“Thank you for waiting, Sir Sei.”

As I watch over the ceremony from a far, I saw Missouri wearing her academy uniform, running towards me.  Because I was always with his highness and Lady Momo during my academy days, I have never spent a single time with Missouri at the academy. Never would I have expected that I would be attending the advent festival with Missouri in this attire.

“Lady Chaco looks quite seductive today, don’t you think? Do you want to see her up close?”

“Not interested.”

Whether it was the one performing at the festival ceremony, or the one to spend the whole festival with, both would have been better with Lady Momo. Last year, we only had a few moment to spend together at the same festival. I wonder if the she is currently in the dungeon with his highness and Dai. Trying to console myself, I tried to change Lady Missouri’s figure to that of Lady Momo with my mental image instead.

When the evening came, all the aristocrats headed towards the reception hall of the castle. The festival’s dance party starts at night. Seeing the figure of Lady Missouri who changed her attire to a dress had left me astounded. The lady has been wearing clothing with low skin exposure and colder color tones giving her the impression of maturity.  However, tonight she was wearing a light pink dress that reminds me of Lady Momo’s hair. Her back and shoulders are boldly exposed, and her skirt spread widely like a blooming flower. Yet, she didn’t look childish at all which I presume is largely thanks to the accent brought by the accessories within it.

Corundum Kingdom is known for its jewelry and the lady of the House Ricum must’ve been the perfect walking advertisement to showcase them.

“Lady Canaria’s dress looks wonderful, isn’t it?”

Missouri muttered as she watched the Prince Yello and his fiancee hand in hand, dancing in the middle of the reception hall. If only Lady Momo was the one wearing them or so I thought, but I asked Missouri for a dance without showing that on the surface.

“You too. I almost failed to recognize you. I’m sure all the patrons of this party must have mistaken you for a fairy too.”
“Thank you for the flattery sir. I am also quite hoping to hear the impression of other gentlemen other than yourself too.”

Her response was truly not cute at all and yet her words caught my attention. Did she just said all the gentlemen other than me?

“Have you forgotten, sir? We will be canceling our engagement soon so I must find a new prospective partner. That being said, you are free to go wherever you wish after the first dance, sir.”