131 : Yello Keith Coloflare 11 - Gamestart

My name is John Brian, the eldest son of Brian Baron House which belongs to the 2nd prince faction. This year, I enrolled in the same year as Lady Chloe Sereknight, the fiancée of the first prince. The job class assigned to me by the adventurer’s guild is thief, and right now I’m considering joining the newspaper club—or so is my position right now.

Changing places with John at times, I infiltrate the royal academy to directly check whether the scenario is following the game. The reason why John was assigned the thief class was likely the reflection of his personal history in stowing with a pirate ship. Besides, his current tenure involves information gathering.

The reason why I had him join the newspaper club was so that I would not be under suspicion even if I move around with a magic tool, as well as to get a closer look at the heroine through the helper character, ‘Chaco Brown.’

From John’s reports and my personal inspection, the heroine identified herself as Momo Palette. She is a saintess candidate from Palette Village, the same village that Count Glinda adopted his son from. She was a petite girl with fluffy pink hair and a dazzling pair of eyes like that of an adorable small animal. While I initially found how she was able to attract my brother surprising, it was not so much anymore seeing as though she was Lady Chloe’s total opposite.

As of the moment, she is equally close to each one of the capture targets but, she doesn’t treat any of them especially. She even paired with the teacher in her orientation after all, but that’s probably how it is in the beginning.

On that particular day when I changed places with John, the results of the exams were put up. The names of the top twenty students were listed in a row and the surrounding students crowded it. Lady Chloe was top 8th, while Lady Momo was top 15th. She’s working quite hard for a new enrollee. John was below top 20th but that can’t be helped because he was a foreigner a few years ago.

‘Darck was the top, huh? Mhm. Well, he’s a pathetic mistress’ child, so I guess he should at least do well in his studies, right?’

I thought I heard a displeased voice but it was Vlad. What the hell is he doing?

‘Look Chloe, your earnest brother took the top spot, minister-to-the-right must be proud, isn’t he? You, on the other hand, are in 8th place huh? Nothing special, I guess.’

‘….Why don’t you mind your own business before worrying about others, Vlad? I heard that you were on the red this term too. You’ll end up making your father cry.’

‘Don’t be so angsty. You’ll be wed to the first prince so you don’t need to study that hard, right? But not him, the guy has to inherit the dukedom. Having such an embarrassing lineage on one’s back sure is quite pitiful, wouldn’t you think so?’

I already knew he was terrible from our first meeting but Vlad is just too stupid. This guy will be the next head of House Moonlight? No way, he’d make me too anxious. I heard that the duke is renovating the religious institution that he donates to and is in a cordial relationship with, just in case Chloe gets exiled but, this guy needs to be put in there for correction more than the lady.

Dark clenches his fists in silence while Chloe is staring daggers like she’s about to kill a person. As the situation is nearing its critical point, I couldn’t bear it any longer and shot the whole scene with my magic camera.

‘Wha, what are you doing!?’

‘Sir Moonlight, come here for a minute.’

‘Oi, what the heck!? Unhand me, you impertinent brat!’

While everyone was flinching from the camera flash, I took Vlad by the arms towards the building’s shade. The sudden intrusion has shaved the two Sereknight siblings of their anger and replaced them with bewilderment.