002

part 002
virtus victrix fortunae

I tap the screen of my phone for the time. Half past seven. It has now been a whole four hours since Kai last talked to me. I clicked my pen, placing it down on top of my paper. My desk is cluttered with papers and random information sheets for my essay I've been writing. My Literature teacher made it a stupid rule where we cannot type up our essays, but we hand write them and my wrist aches. I begin to gather up all my sheets and sort out my desk.

"When was the last time you went to a party?" Parker said, eyeing herself in the mirror. She was wearing a grey cashmere sweater with some wide leg black washed out jeans. Her hair was tied into a plait and finished off with a ribbon bow. 

"A while." I say getting out my chair and tucking it under the desk "Isn't that mine." I point at the jeans on her. She coughs, I don't know why she does but it's clearly fake. "Parker?" I raise my brows.

"Don't do that. You'll get lines in your forehead and we both know you don't want to get wrinkly fast." She placed her palm on my forehead like an absolute weirdo. 

"Stop dodging it, they're mine." I say moving her hand away and off my face.

"You said sharing is caring. Plus, you stole my Polo Ralph knitted sweater." She shrugs "Karma, also get dressed we're leaving the grounds in like three." She looks at me, stares at my soul.

"Going to kiss me again?" I joke. Her face flushes red and she shakes her head and breaks eye contact.

"I'm with Winter. Again." She whispered the last word.

"Jesus." I mutter under my breath knowing damn well in a few weeks she'll be crying in my arms again.

*

After a million outfit changes, I resorted to a simple  blank tank with my leather jacket and a black skirt. I still feel overdressed for a little party in the woods. "Stop fussing." Parker huffs "You like fine." She links her arm with mine as we walk through the school. The hallways in this part of the school are magical. The architecture boasts a classical elegant feel. The archways every now and then are intricately done, and the arched windows provide a lot of light during the day, but as of now, the very little moon light is reflecting in and bouncing off the polished wood floors. This side of the school is so timeless.

Southview School was founded during World War One, 1918. After the war was over they opened up as a school for the privileged. As the years progressed the wealthy sent their children here to get them out of the way. In the last forty years, the schools board decided to extend the school from its original chateau to a boarding school. You have the original side of things where the dormitories are placed along with some of the classroom and the library. The new side of things is modern but somehow works with the baroqueness of it all. That side holds many more classrooms as well as a cafeteria and a sports hall and a dance studio. 

The school isn't entirely huge as there aren't that many of us here. From what I know there are roughly one hundred and fifty students each year, and there are four years. Students ranging from fourteen to eighteen attend. It's pure madness when they try to settle us down in the hall for weekly assemblies, which are held on a Friday morning. We have five entire hours of lessons per day as well as one free lesson a day. After the typical school day is over most students flee to their extra curricular or resort to their dorms or library to complete homework. Then there are the few of us who sneak out during the week to go live our lives. The weekend is much more relaxed as the normal curfew was extended by three hours, from nine to eleven pm. Missing a bed check was a huge deal here. Like huge.