Chapter 1

The times when kings dined with their queens until the crows of the rooster could be heard: Cock-a-doodle-doo! Mermaids sang the desires of foolish seamen. Fairies conjured the wishes of the highest bidders. Warlocks gave their vast knowledge to the kings of humans. Unfortunately, they no longer exist... or so I thought.

The world took a wrong turn on its axis and turned back time. Tick-tock! Time had turned back by a couple of centuries, the times when kings reigned. Dragons flew past the Gold Rose Palace, where the Emperor's wives resided. Whoosh!

Each woman was adorned in intricately designed jewels from head to toe. However, the empress dressed like a handmaiden. But that's not because the emperor was cruel, he was benevolent. His empress, Altrea Severus Rha Lyiones, simply refused to accept her situation. She was sold off by her greedy parents as a tribute to the war between nations. She felt hurt and pinned all her anger on her husband, the emperor.

The emperor, known for his benevolence, had a hidden dark side. He was fierce in battles, leaving no enemies behind. That's how he gained the nickname, Sun God Emperor. He had seven wives but never saw them after their weddings. He was a busy man with no free time.

A few months passed, and no major events occurred in the Empire of Lyiones. The ministers complained to the emperor about getting an heir. They worried about the mighty emperor's bloodline dying with him. The ministers plotted and ensured the emperor had time to visit his Empress and Queens without disturbance for a whole week. Each day, he'd spend time with one wife.

On the first day, he spent time with Queen Nyx Rha Lyiones of the black elf tribe. She was his first chosen bride, and they had a connection. She couldn't become Empress due to her low status among nobles, which pained him dearly. They hunted together, and she caught a black jaguar. Her marksmanship was on par with his. They indulged in chocolate cake for high tea, a secret favorite of his that only she knew. Mmm...

She had won over his heart, but he couldn't reveal it. She was one of his weaknesses, and that was something he couldn't afford to have. They chatted about the empire's affairs, and her opinions helped him solve a problem. Claude thanked her sincerely. Nyx dragged her chair next to his, deepening their bond. If court ladies had seen this, they would have gotten a heart attack.

After spending moments together, the moon made its way to the stage. The ministers made plans to ensure everything went well. Queen Nyx was bathed in milk and roses, amplifying her natural scent. She wore a silky red nightgown, complementing her dusky skin. Her radiant purple eyes glimmered with excitement.

The emperor returned to his room, unaware of the minister's plot. Queen Nyx made her way to his quarters with her court ladies. Her pace increased, and she couldn't contain her excitement. The women behind her were breathless, as they didn't often exercise. She finally reached his room, but her ladies were nowhere to be seen. She had accidentally left them behind. Oops!

She pushed the massive mahogany door, plated in gold. The average human couldn't push this themselves; it weighed almost fifty kilograms. The emperor wanted privacy, so only he could enter his room. As she turned to close the door, she collided with a hard object. She was startled, as nothing was there when she opened the door. She let out a sharp moan when a dagger was placed at her neck. Her heart raced with exhilaration, as she hadn't been in a fight since entering the palace.

Her eyes glowed iridescently as she performed magic and jumped into the shadows. She popped up from behind the perpetrator and put them in a headlock. It hadn't worked efficiently, as the person didn't seem to lose energy. Then it hit her like a brick: "Claude?" she whispered. He had been between her legs. Claude chuckled lightly at the friendly spar they just had. Her eyes grew dull due to embarrassment. Claude gently lifted her face and said, "I'm sorry, mi amore. I thought you were an intruder. Seeing you like this is very unnatural for me." Her cheeks brightened up a little. She recalled her maids' gossip and did the first thing she was taught. She passionately kissed the emperor with all her might, and he led the way.