chapter 9

Claude headed back to the inn where he left Ceaser but couldn't find him or Lyra. He used his super human senses to track Ceaser and caught his sent. He sped through the quiet neighborhood and directly stopped infront of a shady building.

The emperor, entered a dilapidated room, greeted by the intense scent of urine, which made him gag. He stepped over broken beer glasses, avoiding ruining his boots. A man, presumably the inhabitant, looked at him with a confused expression. "Where is the child I told you to take care of?" he growled, his face contorting into a beastly form.

The emperor observed as the man transformed into a beast, growling ferociously. Claude's calloused hand grasped the beast's windpipe, applying pressure until it suffocated. He investigated the room, finding illegal drugs and a grown man hiding in the cupboard. The man was taken away, and Claude discovered a pendant with his insignia and a hologram revealing a shocking truth.

The hologram showed a young woman claiming that a child, Ceasar, was Claude's son. She had placed a charm on the child to hide his true appearance. Claude broke the charm, revealing Ceasar's platinum blond hair with black streaks, a trait common in the imperial bloodline. He was stunned, unsure what to do.

Claude decided to hide Ceasar in his palace, the Crimson Red Palace, known for its hidden lake with rubies. He took the secret route through the opaque forest, jumping over the wall effortlessly. He hid Ceasar in his chambers, unsure of what the future held.

At 5 am, Claude awoke, hearing a noise. He saw Ceasar sleeping comfortably and called his trusted subordinate, Duke Grayson Rha Tesalado, to his chambers. "Take him back to your estate for a while, and don't let anyone see you," he ordered. Duke Grayson bowed and teleported away with Ceasar.

Duke Grayson materialized at his estate, Ceasar still sleeping in his arms. He gently placed the child on a soft bed, wondering what secrets the young boy held. He summoned his most trusted servant, an old man named Jenkins, to watch over Ceasar until further notice.

Meanwhile, Claude returned to his palace, his mind racing with thoughts of Ceasar and the mysterious woman who claimed to be the mother. He called for his advisor, Marcus, to investigate the matter further.

Marcus arrived promptly, his expression grave. "Your Majesty, I've discovered something peculiar. The woman in the hologram is none other than Princess Leona, your long-lost wife who was presumed dead."

Claude's eyes widened in shock. "What treachery is this? Why would she keep this secret from me?"

Claude's face remained calm, but his voice revealed a hint of sorrow. "No treachery, Marcus. Leona had her reasons, I'm sure. She was always fiercely independent and protective of those she loved."

Marcus nodded. "Indeed, Your Majesty. It seems she wanted to safeguard Ceasar from the dangers of the palace and your...ahem...reputation."

Claude's lips curved into a gentle smile. "I understand. Leona knew me well. I would have done anything to ensure our son's safety, even if it meant hiding him from me."

Marcus's expression softened. "You've changed, Your Majesty. You're not the same man Leona knew."

Claude's eyes sparkled with a hint of nostalgia. "Perhaps, Marcus. Perhaps I've grown wiser, more compassionate. The throne has taught me much, but love has taught me more."

Just then, a soft voice interrupted their conversation. "Father?"

Claude's heart skipped a beat as he turned to face the speaker. Ceasar, now awake, stood in the doorway, his eyes shining with curiosity.

"Ah, Ceasar," Claude said, his voice filled with warmth. "Come, my son. Let us get to know each other."

Ceasar hesitated for a moment, then walked into Claude's embrace. The emperor held him close, feeling a sense of joy and wonder he had never known before. This small, innocent child was his son, a piece of himself and Leona.

As they stood there, Marcus discreetly excused himself, leaving the two to bond in peace. Claude led Ceasar to a nearby garden, where they sat on a bench surrounded by vibrant flowers and the soothing sound of a fountain.

"Tell me, Ceasar," Claude said, his voice gentle, "what do you know of your mother?"

Ceasar looked up at him with curious eyes. "She was kind and brave, Father. She told me stories of a great love, and a palace far, far away."

Claude's heart swelled with pride and love. "That's right, my son. Your mother was indeed kind and brave. And I am proud to be your father."

As they talked, Claude learned more about Ceasar's life with Leona, and the young boy's adventures in the outside world. He listened intently, amazed by the resilience and intelligence of his son.

In turn, Ceasar asked Claude about the palace, the empire, and his life as an emperor. Claude shared stories of his own, of struggles and triumphs, of wisdom learned and mistakes made.

Their conversation flowed like a river, effortless and natural, as if they had known each other for years. And in that moment, Claude knew that he had found a new purpose in life – to be a father to Ceasar, to guide him, and to love him with all his heart.

As the news spread like wildfire through the palace, Nyx and Apollonia couldn't contain their excitement. They had always known Claude as a just and fair ruler, but to learn he had a son, a child born of his first love, Leona... it was a story straight out of a fairy tale!

The two wives rushed through the halls, their silk robes rustling as they searched for Claude and Ceasar. They finally found them in the garden, sitting on a bench, laughing and talking like old friends.

Nyx and Apollonia approached, their faces beaming with joy. "Your Majesty!" they chimed in unison, curtsying low.

Claude smiled, his eyes shining with happiness. "Ah, my dear wives. Come, meet our son, Ceasar."

Ceasar stood up, a bit shy but curious, as Nyx and Apollonia enveloped him in warm embraces.

"We've heard so much about you, Ceasar," Nyx said, her voice full of affection. "Welcome to the palace, our new prince!"

Apollonia nodded in agreement. "Yes, you're part of our family now. We'll make sure you feel loved and cherished."

Ceasar's face lit up, feeling a sense of belonging he had never known before. And Claude, watching his wives and son together, knew that his family was just starting.