Chapter 38: Get A Hobby

𝚃𝚑𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝙽𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝚛𝚍
Parker POV

It's been a long time since I've handed in a test to my uncle that I wasn't confident in, but today is one of those days where I'm not looking forward to getting that grade back

Thank god Greyson is busy on the other side of the room, kneeling down by a black haired girl, quietly working her through the problem. Considering the way she's staring at his eyes, I don't think her goal is to understand the question.

I smirk to myself as I lay my test facedown on top of his desk, over the other half of my classmates turned in tests. My sneakers squeak on the tile as I turn around and walk back to my desk on my tiptoes in an attempt to stay quiet for the rest of my classmates.

Miles glances up from his paper as I walk down the aisle and gives me a fleeting grin. His dark eyes rove over my body in a way that makes heat crawl up my neck. The softness of his smile doesn't match the hunger in his gaze.

Pausing next to his desk, I take a moment to lay a hand on the side of his head and lean down to press a kiss against his curls, allowing my attention to slip onto his paper.

Miles makes a quiet sound of exclamation when I do so, and he reaches one hand out to grab my leg, giving it a quick squeeze.

I make sure that Greyson isn't looking before leaning over him more, bringing my chin next to his shoulder. Tapping one finger on his paper, I whisper, "That one is definitely wrong."

Miles hides his chuckle behind a small cough and turns his head a few centimeters to bring it closer to mine. I can almost feel his lips on mine when he replies, "Says the guy who finished his test ten minutes before the bell rings. I don't trust you."

"Whatever, I won't say 'I told you so' when you get a bad grade and need to retake history before graduating. I'll just save you a spot in my dorm room at college for when you join me in two years."

"You're such a bitch," Miles stage whispers, although his chuckle isn't quiet as he leans in and closes the space between us, giving me a kiss. It's so nice to know somebody that doesn't take my sarcasm seriously. If I said something like that to my mom, for example, I'd get a lecture.

"Parker, stop doing gay shit and stop giving away answers," Griffin says not-so-quietly from where he's sitting kitty-corner behind Miles desk.

Sighing, I pull away from my boyfriend as I'm ripped out of my little world. I slip behind Miles and take my designated seat behind him, next to my cousin. "I'm not giving away any answers."

Griffin snorts and leans back in his seat, purposely stretching so hard that he knocks his fists into Forrest's face. I say this because he does it every single day just to be a dick.

Grunting, Forrest recoils back and looks up from his test to stab the sharp end of his pencil into Griffins wrist. That's the gasoline on the fire.

Whirling around in his seat, Griffin reaches for Forrest and grabs his forearm and twists it, hissing, "I'm gonna fuck you up!"

"Dude, you're the one who started it!" Forrest exclaims as quietly as possible followed by a loud laugh, and he makes another wild move to stab Griffin again. The two boys tousle for a moment.