Chapter Seventeen

"You got a mic on you?" I asked, sitting on my haunches in front of Nick, who was currently tied to a chair. We didn't exactly trust him enough to let him have free reign of the house so Drystan had knocked him unconscious and tied him to the chair.

"The technology isn't modern over there, while they use GPS's they have no clue how to use microphones or walkie-talkies." Drystan said from behind Nick, making me look up at him with a drool look. He put his hands up, standing up straighter before walking over to me. Nick scowled, looking at us in disgust.

"You guys are just a bunch of low-life fa-"

"If you finish that sentence I am going to skin you alive, kid." Drystan said, not letting Nick finish his sentence. I grinned wildly, walking up to Nick and lowering myself down to his level.

"Ah, isn't he just amazing with words?" I said, my voice full of admiration. "Unfortunately for you, I'm not."

My fist connected to his cheek in the matter of seconds, sending him flying to the ground, causing the chair to break slightly. The crack that echoed through our house was sickening.

You could hear each and every bone in his nose break.

Nick gasped in pain, his fingers clawing at the rope tied against his wrists, desperately trying to break free to be able to mend his broken nose.

Drystan grabbed the back of the chair, lifting Nick up into a sitting position once again. The chair still being able to hold his weight even if it had lost a piece of its leg.

Drystan grabbed Nick's chin, lifting his head up to be able to look at him better, to see the damage that I had done. Drystan pursed his lips, as if he was rethinking his choices. I gently slapped his hand away from Nick, making him look at me with a glare.

"Don't-"

"Don't you don't me. He's fucking dangerous and you don't need to feel fucking sorry for him. If you get squeamish by looking at his bloody face then get the fuck out of here, I can deal with this pest by myself." I snapped, feeling annoyed at his reluctance. I knew Drystan wasn't one to choose violence to deal with something but I was and if he had a problem with that then he could get the fuck out.

It was me that they wanted, not him. I could deal with this shit on my own.

I turned back to Nick, pushing his head up with my finger. I scowled, looking at his disgusting face which was now covered in his own blood, thanks to his broken nose. That had healed after my beating, and then I broke it again causing more blood.

"Now, kid, tell me why the fuck they sent you." I asked quietly, watching as Nick averted his eyes, not wanting to look at me. My lips pulled back in a snarl and I lifted my fist, about to hit him but before I could, Drystan shoved me away from him.

I stumbled into the coffee table, almost falling on it but I managed to regain my balance. I looked at Drystan with a glare, who couldn't meet my gaze either.

"You can't do this, Ace. He's a child, he was manipulated into thinking he would get a reward from them." He said sternly, making me scoff and shake my head as I walked up to him, bumping my chest into his.

"What, so now you're siding with him? Huh? Just because he's a child? A child? Really, Drystan?" I said with a grin, this was my mate? Some guy who'd look past everything someone did to me- was going to do to me just because they're a child?

Wow. 

"You're really something, Drystan." I said, backing away from him as I wiggled my finger in the air. I laughed, raking my hands trough my hair as I saw Drystan take a step closer to me. I faced him with a withering glare, making him tense.