13

Lei read a book she found as Beomgyu slept soundly at the other side of the bed.

As they were playing, Beomgyu was slowly leaning back against the headboard more and more.

Eventually his head was on the pillow, and little by little he started falling asleep.

The wind outside was intense, and it was surprising that the kids hadn't come back from the fields.

So, Lei stayed.

It totally wasn't because she was worried about Beomgyu, and was paranoid that he would puke in his sleep.

It's happened to others before... and they choke and die...

Lei looked at him as he shifted slowly, opening his eyes with a sigh.

His gaze focused on Lei and he sleepily stared at her.

"Are you feeling better? You only slept like 20 minutes or so."

He slowly sat up as he scooted towards her making her look at him nervously.

He closed the book in her hand, and placed it on the ground.

"I'm not going to remember the page." She said quietly.

He laid his head on her lap and grabbed her hand in his, placing a kiss on the back of it, before intertwining their fingers.

"Beomgyu-"

"It's a friend thing." He whispered as he closed his eyes, softly grasping her hand in his.

Lei jumped slightly at the sound of lightning coming from outside.

"Why aren't they back yet?" She asked softly, trying to derive her focus to something else.

"They probably stayed in the cabin in the woods until the heaviness of the rain passes."

"There's a cabin in the woods?"

He nodded his head softly as he pulled her hand to his chest, making her heart go crazy.

She took her hand out of his, making him open his eyes, but she was only reaching for the blanket that had fallen off his shoulders.

She tried to stretch it over his long body, managing to do so, and softly moved his hair off his face.

He grabbed her hand again and placed it to his chest, intertwining their fingers again.

"Friend thing, right?"

"Yeah." He said softly as he looked into her eyes. "You should lay down too."

"Why?"

"You're not tired from sitting for so long?"

Beomgyu sat up as he took the blanket off.

"Really? After all my hard work?" She joked as she saw him move to lay under the covers.

"I can lay under the blankets and you can lay over the blankets. Friend thing."

"Are we just labeling anything as friend thing now?"

He gave a small smile as he gestured to the bed.

He's too cute... I give up...

Lei moved to lay down next to him and grabbed the blanket that she had placed over his shoulder, laying down facing the wall.

Beomgyu quietly scooted closer to her as he looked at her back.

He softly leaned his warm forehead against her back as he closed his eyes.