Chapter 10:

"I'm home, Mom!" I called up the stairs, shutting our front door closed. I turned the lock and slid the chain over, double locking it. "Mom?" I called when I had no response, "Mamasita? Mama? Mommy?"

"I'm here dear," I heard her laugh from her study.

"Whatcha doing?" I asked, smiling.

"Just typing my reports for the head board," Mom said, throwing her glasses over her head and leaning back in her chair, "How was school?"

I shrugged, "It was school, I guess."

She glanced at her watch, her eyes widening. "School ended at three. It's almost seven missy." She eyed me carefully. "Where were you?"

"I had to stay after to finish something for biology, and I had a lot of time in between when the next bus came so," I held up my coffee, "I stopped for coffee."

She laughed and rolled her eyes. "You and your coffee, Madison."

I chuckled softly and dismissed myself, heading up to my bedroom. I kicked the door closed silently, and tossed my backpack on my chair. I threw myself onto my bed, sinking into it at once. "Ugh," I groaned into it.

It's been three days since I had last seen Andy, and I had mixed feelings about it. I had hoped to see him in the morning during religion, but he's nowhere to be found in school. My phone hasn't buzzed with any calls or texts, making me second guess this whole relationship thing. Maybe he doesn't care.

I watched for hours as the beautiful sunset sky faded into a murky grey night full of clouds, indicating a chance of a storm. How wonderful.

My phone buzzed in my pocket, and I checked it.

Missed you so much, see you soon Angel. Andy's message shined across my screen.

I rolled my eyes. See you soon? What does that even mean?

I felt as my eyes began to droop slowly, and I let out a small yawn. My hands grasped the covers as I pulled myself further onto the bed, soon wrapping myself up in them. I curled up tightly, my eyes closed, waiting for sleep to take me.

My eyes fluttered open as I felt the bed sink in from another body.

"Hi Angel," He murmured in my ear.

I turned onto my side, finding Andy already facing me. A small smile was across his face, and his eyes were a beautiful blue, gazing into mine.

I bit my lip, "Where were you?"

"I had some things to take care of," Andy's voice was calm.

"Like?" I questioned, getting aggravated.

Andy slid his hands under the covers, grasping mine. He rubbed the backs of them, calming me down, while saying, "Angel, there's alot you don't know about me." He paused. "Yet. But you will, I promise. In bits and pieces. I don't want to rush you into everything right now." He pecked his lips on mine.

I sighed, "I saw you- with a girl."

Andy's face softened. "She's helping me out."

I looked up, doubt in my eyes.

Andy noticed, and soon wrapped his arms around my entire body, bringing me tightly to him. "I love you, and only you." He said softly in my hair, "I promise, forever and always. Nobody can take that away from us."

I smiled softly, hiding my incredible doubt at the moment.

"Can you fly?" I asked, giggling softly as I traced along his back.