Chapter 9

"It's Harper! She's out of control on the training grounds!"

"Out of control? What do you mean?"
.
.
.
"Ha!"

Being pushed back, she tried her best to hold her ground but still ended up falling.

Though she was an excellent warrior, she couldn't seem to be able to beat the head of guards.

Harper rubbed her bloody mouth, with the back of her hand, then reached for her sword, ready to stab the man.

At that moment the man had raised his sword to strike Harper.

"Stop!!!"

Everyone paused hearing the command.

Harper and the head of guards, halted in their position.

Walking towards them with the utmost authority, I had a cold air around me.

I walked in between Harper who was bleeding, and the head of guards who was only ruffled a bit.

"Head of guards what happened?"

Per the proper code of mannerism, the head of guards sheathed his sword and bowed in greetings to me.

"Greetings my lady. This insolent maid, came here to the training grounds challenging my knights. I had remained silent about this and watched.

I had been making conversation with my fellow man, when she suddenly spoke out of turn, insulting me!"

I raised an eyebrow to the man's recount of what had caused the trouble, then turned to Harper for her own explanation.

"Harper, what happened from your side?"

Sniffling a bit, she rubbed her nose and stopped glaring at the head of guards, finally facing me.

"My Lady, I had come here from training like I usually do. I noticed the eyes of discontentment that looked at me, but I ignored it.

Despite my fiery temper I even ignored the comment from the head of guards in which he said 'some maids just love fooling around in the training arena'

I came here with good intentions to hone my skills. I challenged some knights and of course, I beat all of them up.

I was about to leave as peacefully as I could, when I heard him insulting you! Saying that you're a a pampered and spoilt girl! He knows absolutely nothing about you! Yet he has the bladder to talk sh*t about you!"

One noticeable trait about Harper is the fact that she was very honest, especially to me. I knew that she wasn't lying.

I turned to the head of guards in question.

"Sir, is this true?"

"U-um...of course i-it's not!"

From the way he spoke, I could easily discern that he was lying.

I put an innocent smile and looked at him keenly. Though my smile looked kind my eyes staring at him were cold. Staring at him with condescension, seemed to send shivers down his spine.

"Of course, how dare you call me spoilt and pampered? A good knight is loyal and respectful to their master. Aren't I right?"

"Oh? Yes!"

As the only legitimate child of the Marquis, I had lots of power and authority over people serving in the mansion. I of course would use this to my advantage, if need be.

The other guards in the training area watched the on going drama, while munching on their invisible popcorn.

"Since you're so loyal and respectful you'll obey my every command right?"