Chapter 14

"The Crown Prince is dead"

Paisley took a step backwards. Was she hearing correctly? It couldn't be.

“What did you say?” She asked the maid again.

“His Highness, the Crown Prince, died when he was twelve years old. Everyone knows that” The maid looked uninterested with the topic, quickly excusing herself and leaving Paisley, who was in shock.

Paisley quickly ran up to her room and tried her best to calm down, but to no avail. She couldn’t control the sudden tears which welled up in her eyes and flowed down her cheeks.

Why was she crying? A part of her chest ached as she felt like she had lost something precious to her. Well, she technically did.

‘Crown Prince Nathaniel, the male lead…. He’s supposed to lead me to my happily ever after!’

There was this strange obsession that had sprouted within Paisley, ever since her reincarnation. She was obsessed with the thought of living a perfect life as the heroine. She had to have her male lead!

This life was meant to be perfect. Being reborn with memories from your past life intact, didn’t happen everyday. Her rebirth was a blessing. A blessing, which was supposed to enable her to do all, she had been unable to do in her past life.

Having a love interest had always been one of, if not the biggest, amongst her wishes. She had always envied the women who she saw with loving boyfriend’s or husband’s. She wanted someone to hold her hand warmly. Wanted someone to stare intensely into her eyes and say ‘I love you'.

The days went by rather bleakly. Paisley felt depressed. Nothing could get her mind of from the sadness she felt.

Truly pitiful. How could the female lead not have a romantic life? She found such a situation difficult to comprehend.

In her depressed state, she sluggishly carried herself to sit by her window. She quietly watched what was going on outside.

“Have a nice day, Lord Belv” A sweet voice said. It belonged to Paisley’s half sister, Adrianna. Adrianna Deor, was the villainess of the novel.

Paisley watched keenly as Adrianna bid her fiancé, the young lord of the Belv Duchy, a farewell.

Long red hair and deep purple eyes. Paisley couldn’t help but admit, Adrianna was….beautiful. Too beautiful for her liking. The heroine was supposed to be the only beautiful one….

Paisley continued watching Adrianna silently as she took a walk through the garden. She suddenly felt jealous of Adrianna. She looked so happy. She wasn’t supposed to be happy! The villainess was meant to suffer! Why was she the only one experiencing so much sadness?

To Paisley, Adrianna had such a good relationship with her fiancé. This fact angered her greatly.

‘Something is definitely wrong' Suddenly, she had a genius idea.

Maybe her reincarnation had changed some things. Maybe Ronald was the male lead now! After all, he was Adrianna’s fiancée! In stories like this…wasn’t the villainess’ fiancée usually the male lead? Ha! She finally solved this complicated puzzle.

Sure, Adrianna had been acting nice to her, but that didn’t really matter to Paisley.

‘Why should I be loyal to some novel character?’

Even if Adrianna turned on Paisley, she was the female lead! No matter what the villainess were to do, she’d always turn out successful. Besides, she had some knowledge from the novel to help her.