𝐍𝐨 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐒𝐞𝐞𝐧

Have (Y/n) ever been scared before in her life, it would be when she stood face to face with her own mother. Alma (L/n), a real devil woman according to those who have met her.

"After 6 years of no contact, we meet again. What are you wearing? You know that (f/c) does not suit you! After 19 years of raising you, you grow up to be like this and cut ties with me and your father? What about your brother? Or is that crazy son of mine still in your life?" While Alma continued to talk (Y/n) could only blankly lose her mind.

She could feel her body go cold, her legs losing its control. How could this happen? It was supposed to be a happy anniversary with her loving husband. Not meeting one of her greatest abuser in a restaurant.

Wilbur stood by his wife's side, his worries continued to grow just as his faint sense of anger. He too didn't like to see his mother in law talking bad about his wife right in front of him.

"Are you even listening?! God, what has this nobody to husband done to you?! I told you to not marry him!" This was the last straw for both of the married couples. Wilbur turned to look at Alma, his face written with anger, no beyond that. (Y/n) stopped looking down and looked up to her birth mother.

"Oh, so now you'll look at me?" Alma started, she crossed her arms and stood her ground, her black and white vintage dress complimenting her figure.

"Shut up.."

"What?"

"I said shut up! You don't have any right to talk about my husband like that." (Y/n) was shaking. She didn't know if she was shaking out of anger or fear but she couldn't let Alma talk bad about Wilbur.

"....Are you talking back to me?" Alma said, her previous calm expression turning into one of anger.

"I have endured your abuse for years, the harsh training that you gave me, you took away my happiness and you didn't allow me to grow up like a normal child.."

Alma stayed quiet of a second."Well of course, you are a child, better than normal. You are supposed to be a genius, a prodigy! You come from a great line of achievement, I can't have a 'normal' child."

(Y/n) thought back to her childhood.

(Y/n) felt like she was a child again. Crying in that empty grey room that no one was allowed to get into. The grey door that had many locks on it and the small window that were placed way too high for a little girl to see through.

It was black and white, nothing interesting, nothing good coming out of this. Was this really the only solution? Was this the only way to raise a child?

Wilbur looked at Alma with an angered look in his eyes. How could she just say this without even considering what (Y/n) has gone through. Wilbur felt how his wife was shaking just from the hand on her shoulder.

"Alma. I don't appreciate how you are treating my wife." Wilbur started. He turned to her after looking at (Y/n).

"Why should you care? It's my daughter that I'm talking to, not you." Alma looked at Wilbur with a dumbfounded look.

"Yes, she's your daughter but she's also my wife and I will not allow you to do this to her." WIlbur set his foot down and put a hand in front of (Y/n) to protect her from Alma.

"Are you kidding me? (Y/n)! Tell your useless husband to step aside! This is a conversation between family members!" Alma started to get more frustrated.
(Y/n) decided to step out of Wilbur's protection."Wilbur is my family now. What you say to me, you can say to Wilbur."

"You are so ungrateful! How dare you talk like this to your own mother, when it was me that took care of you, made you into something much better than ordinary! You will NOT talk like this to me!" Alma raised her hand to slap (Y/n). It was like the whole restaurant had gone quiet just by Alma shouting at the two couples, (Y/n) looked straight forward but in the last second she closed her eyes out of fear. She could still feel her body shaking from the fear she was experiencing.

Now Wilbur couldn't stand still. Standing in between the mother and her child, he grabbed Alma's hand to protect his wife.

"I will not let you hit my wife." Wilbur looked down at Alma who looked at him with fury. He ripped her hand away from WIlbur's grip and tried to hit him.

"How DARE you touch me!" Alma went to hit him but (Y/n) stood right in front of that hand.

"(Y/N)?!" Both Alma and Wilbur looked at (Y/n). Wilbur was worried for his wife as for Alma who only looked at her shocked.

"I don't even recognise my own daughter anymore. You have spent time with weaklings and it seems that you have become one as well!"

(Y/n) didn't answer Alma. She just looked at her with a stone hard face. God what should she do?

"You are an utter disappointment and a failure of a prodigy."  And with those words (Y/n) grabbed her purse and walked out of the restaurant with Wilbur shouting after her.