chapter 1: something's not right

I sneak around the corner quietly and watch as Hope kills Landon. I gasp and cover my mouth before she can hear me.

Her phone rings she huffs and pulls it out of her pocket and answers it.

"Hope. Did you find Landon?" I hear Alaric's voice on the other side of the phone using my super hearing.

"Yeah." She says.

"Okay, well, tell me where you are." He says.

"Fort Valley, Georgia. Landon's gonna need you when I'm done. You have to write it down." She says.

"Wait. You're at Triad Headquarters?" He asks confused.

"Yeah. Uh, don't worry, though. Everyone here is dead." She says glancing around.

"Okay, listen, you're not making any sense. Just put Landon on the phone." He says with a hint of confusion in his tone.

"I can't. Uh, he would have tried to stop me, so I had to kill him, too." She says kicking his arm a bit.

"What?" He answers surprised.

"He'll come back. Don't worry. Even if I don't." She says sadly. I furrow my eyebrows confused.

"Hope, tell me what the hell you're about to do right now before you do it." Alaric demands.

"Clarke won. He found the final artifact, and he tossed it into the pit, which is Landon's father, by the way. And now Malivore's gonna rise unless I stop him." Hope explains.

"Stop him how?" Alaric wonders.

"Landon's got all the answers, but, basically, Malivore was created by the blood of a werewolf, a witch and a vampire. It used to be that only they could destroy what they created, but nature found a loophole. By making me.
The Tribrid. I'm the loophole." She says getting annoyed

"Hope, you listen to me. Now, this is a theory, okay, and you don't even know if this is gonna work, so you just sit tight, and you wait for me to get there." Alaric says trying to get her to calm down.

"There's no time. I've always thought that I was a cosmic mistake, someone who should never have been born. But after all this time, I mean, my purpose is finally clear. Think about it. I'm the answer to all of this. I can remember things about Malivore that no one else can. That Triad weapon didn't affect me. Did my blood heal Josie? I am not okay with this. I know. But you will be, because once I toss myself into that pit, no one at school will remember me. Including you." Hope says sadly.

"Hope." Alaric starts but she cuts him off.

"You listen to me. I've spent years torturing myself, asking myself why my father sacrificed himself for me, to get to this point where, I mean, I totally understand it. And I don't want you to have to go through that pain, Dr. Saltzman. You've been through enough. And I don't want anyone at school to miss me, because they're my friends. Maybe I would have seen that sooner if I hadn't been beating myself up all this time." Hope says then she lets out a long sigh as a few tears fall down her face. And a few tears falling down my own.

"This is where you tell me that even though you wish you could change my mind, you know I'm doing the right thing. This is the part where you tell me you're proud of me." Hope continues. Alarics sighs, "You know I'm proud of you. You know it. What is it you need me to do?" He says.

"Call maintenance. Have 'em pack up my room. Take my files, all those notes I know that you keep about me, and burn them. Along with Landon's journal. Listen, if you want to erase yourself, that is on you, okay, but you can't ask me to do it, too. I'm sorry, Dr. Saltzman. But I trust you more than I trust anyone. I wish I would have figured that out sooner, too. I got to go." She says looking around.

"Hope, listen to me. Wait. Not an option. Uh-uh." He says.

"Uh, promise me you're gonna do what I said. Promise me." Hope says with her voice raising.

" All right. Fine. I promise." Alaric says with a sigh. Hope nods and quickly hangs up. We both sniffle and I wipe away my tears as I turn the corner to confront her but hear some bone cracking noise.

"Ooh. Sorry. I was eavesdropping." Clarke says standing up I roll my eyes.

"What are you waiting for? I assumed you were gonna try to stop me." Hope says. 

"Hell no. I was only trying to raise my father because I'm terrified of him, and I knew he'd find a way out someday. But if you're right about this loophole... can actually kill the bastard once and for all... Be my guest. And if you're wrong, well, no harm done because you'll be dead. So go on. I'll be rooting for you. That's not all you'll be doing." Clarke says shrugging.

"Imitantor Pupulus." Hope says.

"Whatever you think you just did, didn't work." Clarke says looking around confused.

I walk around the corner making my presence known.

"Hi Clarkey." I give him a smirk and glance at Hope.

"What are you doing here?" She questions surprised.

"Always and Forever, till death due us part Hope Mikaelson I go where you go never doubt that." I say glaring at her.

She nods and I reach for her hand and Clarke looks down at his own feeling his own hand being held by nothing.

"Huh?" He says.

Hope slaps her mouth and Clarke copies her. She removes her hand and lets him speak.

"How'd you do that?"he questions.

"Why did I do that?" Hope wonders with a smirk glancing to Malavore.

"It's a basic mimic spell. We learned it in second grade." I say.

"Also in second grade... Follow the Leader.-" Hope starts. "You don't have to do this." Clarke says cutting her mid sentence.

"-I know. But it's the only part I'm actually enjoying. Too bad you're so clumsy." Hope says in a snarky tone.

Hope looked at me making sure I was really prepared for this and I nodded and tightened my hold on her hand and we turned facing forward jumping in.

<<<<<

1055 words counted