Mine! and LandMines... 💘

Narrator's POV

Can you smell that?

You can't?

Well, then take a wiff of the current tension spreading in the air as on one hand our man in black beloved mystery student Kiyotaka Ayanokouji. While on the left is our girl in white and capable student Ai Hayasaka.

Grab your popcorns, and take the chocolate caramel ones. They are bomb!

"Hey Kiyotaka, do you mind?" Shinomiya pushed off Ayanokouji's seat without waiting for a response and headed to the council room leaving him alone with his bread for the break. This time though, that seat won't be empty as a blonde hair maiden walks up and asks, "Mind if I sit beside ya?" She gave her winning smile...

I wonder if that can last.

"It's free, go ahead." Thankfully she waited for this response and didn't push him off. But, given the circumstances, this wasn't some ordinary friends chatting and eating together. It was simply, the beginning of a game that Ayanokouji accepted. She took out lunch having a simple egg salad. But it was much more refined compared to Ayanokouji's simple sandwich, which didn't even have peanut butter in it.

She smiled and said, "Do you want some of this? I made it myself." Ayanokouji looked at for a while and looked in the distance as if remembering a traumatic past. But he shrugged and nodded. He munched on it for a while as Hayasaka's smirk slowly increased as she said, "Now, as repayment tell me Ayanokouji, what was your reason to choose this school? Be honest~! You ate my food didn't you?"

His eyes widened as he sighed and ate the rest of the food. He then looked at her expectant eyes and spoke, "It had you in it." Hayasaka was expecting a lot of responses but not this one. He might seem like a stalker to most, but not in her eyes. Since he was her friend, so from her pink specs she simply didn't care for such minute details.

'WHAT? Gosh, I didn't know this wouldn't work well, Agh! Why can't he be honest? I gave him my food. Hmph!'

She pulled her lunch away and walked off with a huff. She kept thinking, 'Should I go all In? Not yet, until I see his skillset. I should wait.'

It seems she was simply testing the playing field and Ayanokouji lied his way out of it.....he lied.

Ayanokouji's POV

Why did she huff like that? I said the truth, didn't I? Sigh, It seems I didn't learn from my past. Next time, I have to abstain from the fatal flaw of mine, that is the

Food Trap

She looked dejected while I walked off to the Student council for my daily duties. After about an hour, I was done and looked over to Shinomiya and Shirogane crossing eyes and swords. A regular day by all means.