BTS💘

Narrator's POV

How often, did a person seem so elated? As if they have found a roughened gem shining in the sand? I know I would sell it in a flea market and earn enough to have barbeque and drinks with my friends. Laughter would echo through the air, forging everlasting memories amidst the camaraderie of cherished companions.

Of course, only apple juice! Remember people alcohol, doesn't let the liver live!

"Hayasaka-chan, is something wrong? You seem like kinda lost." Hinoguchi asked. It seems Hayasaka's constant glances at Ayanokouji's bored silhouette caught the other's eyes.

"Nah nothing much, slept way too late last night. Gotta catch up on that." Hayasaka stopped such concerns at once however anyone could see, her eyes fleeted towards a boy, a strangely quiet boy. A fascinating specimen.

Hayasaka's POV

I was noticed. Quite absurd that I wasn't focused today. I don't like it.

I suppose, if I had to rewind back,I suppose it all began at 7:49am. In that split second, time seemed to slow down, as the scene unfolded before me. The car didn't stop, and the child couldn't either. My body froze, incapable of swift action. How could I have possibly reached the boy from such a distance? It was an impossible feat for someone like me.

But then, there was Ayanokouji. I've never witnessed anyone move with such astonishing speed. My eyes don't deceive me. What I saw was something only the top echelons of physical prowess could achieve. It made me question my own perception. If my eyes could be trusted, then it means Kaguya would have met a fatal end thrice over.

Must I always find myself tangled in unravelling yet another mystery? Can't I simply tell my mind to take a break, to let go of the relentless pursuit of the truth? Just stop it, I wish I could say. Because, in the end, it doesn't matter what the truth is. It simply doesn't.

I contemplated it as I felt my mask crack a bit. It was wrong, this was a classroom. I had to maintain the Hayasaka-chan charm. Don't be Ai Hayasaka.

"Ara~Is someone worried about me?"I tickled Hinoguchi as I said it as she tried to control her laughter.

"Mhmm, Hayasaka-chan nouu...stop please..hehe...he..ahh" Hinoguchi tried to stifle it but was unsuccessful.

"Hayasaka and Hinoguchi, I beseech you to gracefully withdraw from this hallowed sanctum of knowledge and enlightenment should you find yourselves unable to uphold the esteemed standards of decorum that are expected within these distinguished walls." The English teacher's words went over most of the students heads. I had to act so as well. Sir was extremely well read with quite a big lexicon of English under his belt.

Teaching the complexity of English to Japanese kids wasn't necessary, but I wasn't going to argue about it.