chapter eleven.

CHAPTER ELEVEN,,,
NARRATIVE.

vinnie hacker wasn't sure why, but the sight of frances in the water while sam makes her laugh loudly was so annoying. he sat on the sand with nico and nora cracking jokes, and once every minute he would look at the water where the others were— where fran was.

     he had always liked attention, positive attention at least. and currently, fran was the person who gave him the most attention. they had always been friends because of jasmine, but weren't ever close, not like how they are now. he didn't know that the girl his sister was attached to the hip to could be what he saw her as. gorgeous, funny, and kind. it was a bit surprising to him to find that out.

     it's not the point.

     vinnie has always liked attention, and frances gave him just that. so how could it be that she's just feet away laughing with some other guy? all while he's sitting right there watching it?

     vinnie hacker was jealous. not because he just wanted fran's attention, but because they got close. he'd consider her a very close friend now, especially after everything. he's around her twice as much as he is around other people, since they'd been hooking up and whatnot. vinnie got used to her company, her presence, and he liked it. so when she's there, but not with him (?), it's a bother.

     "dude, your eyes are gonna fall out." nico says as he looks at vinnie whose eyes are looking at frances. vinnie turns his gaze back to the pair by him with furrowed eyebrows. "it's so obvious you like her. it's funny, honestly." nora laughs, chewing on a breadstick.

     "like her? fran and i are friends." vinnie looks at the girl, who simply shrugs with a grin as she continues eating. "yeah, friends. friends who have sex with each other all week and see each other like all the time." nico raises one brow.

     "well, friends with benefits? i don't know." vinnie shrugs, unsure what he would call their relationship. he thinks the label is pretty fitting, but it only makes nora chuckle. "have you ever read a book, or like seen any movie? friends with benefits never works." nora tells him, nico nods his head in agreement.

     "yeah but, this is not that." vinnie shakes his head. "sure, that's why you're ignoring breadsticks to watch fran and sammy in the water." nora snorts.

     "vinnie it's completely fine if you have feelings for her, or whatever." nico shrugs, picking up a breadstick.

     "i don't have feelings for her." i think. no, i don't have feelings for her. "seriously guys, i get why you'd think that, but i don't."

     "well you know yourself better than we do, but we're not all that convinced." nora offers a smile.

     it's left him all twisted inside. he gets up, grabbing his phone as he does so. "i'm gonna go on a walk." he states, not waiting for any reply as he heads away.

     from the water, frances sees him walk away, which intrigues her, but she does nothing about it. but sam notices. he smirks slightly, turning back to look at her.

     "so, fran. this thing with vinnie? it's completely like... fine? like no feelings, nothing?" sam tries to find a way to phrase it, not really finding one soluble.

     "yeah, it's managed. i mean, we talked about it before we continued and stuff. we know we'd never have anything for each other. that's why it's easy, i guess." frances shrugs.

     "i don't wanna talk about my brother's sex life." jasmine raises her hand, looking at the two who laugh. "me neither, but we have to talk about the fact that it looks like you two don't have it under control." benny looks at fran who shakes her head. "we do." she affirms.

     "i mean, have you noticed how he gets around sammy? it's funny. he's jealous. it could just be me seeing things but i definitely think there are feelings involved." benny shrugs.

     sam nods. "yeah, benny's right. i think we've all noticed that. he wouldn't get jealous for nothing. i dunno." he says.

     "you guys are being ridiculous. there's nothing there. we're friends who have casual sex. there are no feelings. i promise." frances assures, but no one is really convinced.

     "maybe now, fran. but how long until it happens?" jasmine gets her word in on the conversation. "it won't happen." fran says.

     stubborn. both of them.

estela's talking corner
i totally realized that nora is mentioned very little and i really like her so i had to bring her in more 

also, sort of thinking of making another vinnie fic / or another fic in general, i haven't decided if it were to be for vinnie