chapter twenty-five.

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE,,,
narrative.

the pounding on her door at 2 pm was not something frances needed, especially in the state she was in. she was currently making peanut's travel bag, which mainly consisted of toys and treats, and of course, random things he's attached to, like a sock.

     "shit." she cursed as she tripped on one of her shoes, making her way to the living room. she opened the door and her whole heart fell to her stomach.

     vinnie hacker.

     frances stood still as if he had just paralyzed her. she couldn't move or speak, or perhaps she just didn't will herself to do it. her heart hammered against her chest, something she didn't think she possessed anymore since it had been in vinnie's hand for the last couple of months, and every day he squeezed it tighter. it was good to know it was still hers, even if some part was his.

     "what are you doing here?" she spat out after the realization that he's screwed her over this much came rushing back to her. she walked back behind her, leaving the door open. she should've closed it in his face.

     vinnie followed, patting peanut quickly who jumped on his legs repeatedly. "i want to talk."

     frances let out a bitter chuckle. "i don't have anything to say to you." she said before turning around to face him. "actually, i do." she took a few steps closer to him. "you're a dick and a liar. you told me you loved me and that same day you screwed me over. not in a good way! you said you loved me and then had kendall say she loved you that same day. you told me to back off, let her talk shit about me and our friends, and then completely put me to the side. up until now. now that i've made up my mind that you're a shitty friend and person, you come to my home because you want to talk? i'm tired of it all coming back to you. i just wish that you wouldn't complicate everything in my life because that's exactly what you do!"

     she didn't even realize how close she had come to him until she stopped ranting and his breath fanned her face. "i'm busy, vinnie. so, please leave."

     "i'm not leaving until we talk. and that means having a proper conversation, one of two people. i have things to say too, frances. and i want you to listen to me because it is important to me that you do." he said softly.

     frances bit her cheek, stepping back slightly. it was a signal for him to start speaking. he understood that at least.

     "i never wanted to hurt you, frances (she scoffs). and— and maybe it didn't look that way to you but i mean that. a few years back you were just my sister's best friend, nothing to me. you made her happy, and i liked that for her. and then we became friends and i realized why jasmine's so happy around you. it wasn't until that party, that i realized how much. the way i thought of you changed, everything changed. it will never go back to the way it was. you will never be 'my sister's best friend' anymore. i know no amount of sorries or excuses could make up for what i did to you and how i made you feel. but i want you to know, that the only reason i went to kendall on the day of your birthday was that i didn't think i deserved you. and i don't. i think we both know that much. you're too good, too great, you are more. i'm not used to that. it was stupid and childish to go back to her for that but i did. and if i could go back to that, i wouldn't do the same mistake. because it could've been good. we could've been good. i'm sorry. for everything."

     he's settled for easy because he does not dare to try. he who does not try, does not win.

     "god, you're such an idiot." frances mutters. "i just want you to tell me if you understand. then i'll go. i'm not asking you to forgive me." vinnie adds.

     "i don't forgive you, but i don't want you to go."

     a smile almost comes into view on vinnie's face, but he stops himself. just looking at her. he should not be happy. the expression on her face is painful, she can't master to push him away but her anger just wants to slap his face. conflicting.

     "i'm sorry. i really am." he's walked two steps closer. "i shouldn't have lied to you." one more.

     she looks up at him, with sad eyes, red cheeks, weak heart. she lets him plant a soft kiss on her lips. it's not just any kiss, this is an 'i'm sorry, i love you' kind of kiss. it's sad. it's painful. it's enticing.

     she gives in for a second kiss before she comes to her senses. she slams her hands on his chest, pushing him back. "please get out."

     "but—"
     "just go!"

     so he did. he left.

estela's corner 🐈‍⬛
ACT ONE IS DONEEEE.

thank u for enjoying this so much omg, im sorry im not the most active person on here but i genuinely forget i have this app sometimes 🫣 loveyouuu<3

thoughts?