❀ An Important Decision ❀

(Author's Note: The upcoming chapters are very important ones in Roja & Arjun's life. So don't miss to read them out)

Continued...

The days flew fast. Before they could know it, Roja had already worked for three whole months in Arjun's hospital. And she felt like it was a second home to her. She had befriended most of the doctors and nurses there because of her sweet, kind disposition. Why, even Arjun started considering her as a friend after an incident.

———————————————————

Looking back (flashback)

One fine night, Roja, the sincere one. was as usual working overtime😂She was still busy with the accounts.
So sincere that even Arjun had left. Only few night duty staff were there. And one doctor Dr. Ramesh. Thats when Tinku, one of the ward boys came with a cup of tea for all the night duty staff. He had a tray full of teacups. He gave one to all the staff. Including Roja. But she didn't drink it immediately as she was busy. Absent mindedly she took the teacup and put it on the table. After 15 mins when she lifted her eyes off the computer, she felt something very strange. Very very odd. All the night duty staff had fainted. Roja was shocked but maintained her composure. She knew something was wrong. Suddenly there was a power cut and the entire hospital was pitch dark.

Roja (to herself):  Wait, Intha mathri power cut aachuna immediately generator ah vechu power vanthurume. But ippo varala. Ellarum mayangi vera irukkanga. Generator moolama yaro current vara vidama thaduthu irukkanga. Etho thappa nadakuthu. Enna nu therinje aaganum.

So she silently tiptoed in the dark holding her mobile in her hand. Upon walking some distance, she heard some muffled voices. Roja became curious. On following the direction of the noise, she reached the blood bank. She was shocked by what she saw

......

There was a dim light switched on in th blood bank.  In that light, Roja saw Dr. John who was Dr. Ashok's side kick. He was wearing a mask. The person who roja saw with him shocked her more. It was Dr. Ramesh!
She could hear what the two were talking .

Dr John: Psst psst...seekiram kudu. Ellarkum mayakkam theliyarthu kulla Naa kelambanum

Dr Ramesh: John, kavala padatha. Ithu daily panrathu thane. Naa Timku kitta kuduthu mix panna sonnathu strong dose. Ippothaiku consciousness varathu. Intha eduthuko.

Roja was speechless to see him handing over several units of blood , specially from the rarer groups to Dr. John..who took the freezer box and called another ward boy (apparently Tinku), to help him lift it.

(Apparently, this was yet another of Dr. Ashok's plans, to ruin the name of Arjun's hospital. He wanted to make sure that the blood groups were always in a shortage in his hospital, so that the name of the hospital was tarnished. For this, he had bribed Dr. Ramesh and gave him money whenever he gave them the blood. He had stooped so low to the extent of doing illegal sale of blood. Dr. Ashok used to sell this blood at higher costs to those hospitals which needed the blood urgently and also used to make money through this. )

......

Sometime later
When Tinku and Dr. John were hurriedly making their way out, Roja boldly stopped them. They were terribly shocked. Dr Ramesh who followed them was very angry to see Roja

Dr Ramesh: Hey, Neeya! Nee Inga Enna panra

Roja: Enna Sir, neenga laam Enna Inga ethir paakala la. Neenga panra thappa enniko oru naal veliya vanthe than aagum doctors. Athu eppovume maranche irukkadhu
Inniki Naa ithukku oru mudivu katta poren.