❀ The Surgery ❀

Continued...

Arjun felt much better after seeking his mother's blessings.
She hugged him tight
"I am counting on you, Arjun"

After that he went straight to Dr. Venkat & told him that he'd do the operation.

Dr. Venkat : Wow, am so glad Arjun. I know that you can do it! All the very best. I'll definitely be there to assist you.

Arjun required a few signatures on the consent form, so he had to call Roja's family. But then Arjun remembered that Roja lived in an orphanage and didn't have a family.

He felt miserable as he realised that.

He asked a nurse to fetch Roja's contact details from the hospital records.

————————————————

At Anbalayam Ashram

Everyone had finished dinner and were sitting in the main hall. Everyone was awaiting Roja. They knew that by this time, Roja should have arrived

Priya had even tried calling Roja thrice, but to no answer. So they all were a bit worried.

Meanwhile, back at Arjun's hospital, a nurse came and handed over Roja's things to Arjun as no one related to her was present.

Just as Arjun was waiting to get Roja's details, Roja's phone in Arjun's hand rang. It was priya who was trying to reach Roja, for a fourth time.

Arjun decided to answer the call and inform them for he realised that it was someone close to Roja who was calling.

With great hesitation ARJUN picked up the call. No sooner than he answered it...

Priya's Voice on the other end:
Hey Roja, enga irukka?! Yean phone eh attend pannala? Naangellam Inga evlo kavala padrom theriyuma. Function innerathuku mudinchu Ellarum veetula poi thoongi eh iruppanga. Avlo late aayiduchu. Enga irukka nee Intha nerathula???

Arjun let her do all the talking and finally opened up.

Arjun: Hello, am Dr. Arjun.

Priya (startled): Doctor, neengala?!
Roja ode phone unga kitta eppdi

Arjun: Solren, but athukku munnadi Neenga yarunu therinjikalama?

Priya: Naa priya! Roja ode ashramathula irukken. Avalode best friend. Ippo sollunga doc

Arjun: Naane ashramathuku phone pannalam nu than irunthen. Ippo Naa oru vishyam solluven. Atha padhatta padama kelunga please.

Priya: Roja ku ethuvum illa la, doctor?

As soon as others around priya heard her asking this, they got even more tensed and started pestering Priya.

Arjun (taking a deep breath) : Yes, athuthan problem, please calm down and listen carefully.
Roja is currently admitted in my hospital. Function la nadantha oru problem accident la Roja ku head injury aayirchu, so she's in hospital. We are giving her treatment, but oru small surgery ku guardians ode signature venum, consent form la. So ashramathula irukkara caretaker/owner Antha mathri yaravthu evlo seekiram vara mudiyumo vaanga.

Priya was shocked to hear this! This was something she had least expected.
Priya: Ok doctor, okay! Odane varom
She immediately cut the call.