chapter²⁷

she's gone

she's gone

🦋*.*〽〰*°.~°°〽.**•*〰**~°°°*〽*.〰**•*🦋

authors pov

09:08 AM. AURADON, UNITED STATES OF AURADON

y/n looks at her phone as it starts to vibrate, messages from her blue haired friend, evie.

evie :))

Y/N!

Y/N!

evie?

hey

what's up?

MAL'S GONE

where?

wym she's gone?

SHE'S GONE!

HOLD ON

I DON'T UNDERSTAND

I'M COMING

seen

y/n and evie look at each other as evie knocks and ben's office door, opening it. 

"ben?" she walk in, y/n beside her.

"evie! y/n!" ben says, taking the ear piece out of his ear and standing up. "come on in," y/n closes the door as evie holds the letter in her hand.

"mal's gone back to the isle," evie says, ben's smile faltering. the two of them walk over to ben, evie handing him the letter.

"ben..." y/n says, holding her hand out. ben's ring is in her hands. ben takes the ring from her, scrambling the letter open. he mutters reading the letter, then crumbles it again.

"this is my fault. this is my fault. i-i blew it," ben says, accusing himself. "she's been under so much pressure lately, and instead of being understanding, i just went all beast on her," he slams his hands against the table. "i have to go there an apologize. i have to go there and...and beg her to come back,"

"ben, you'll never find her," evie says.

"i..." ben signs in frustration.

"you need to know who the isle and how it works and..." evie pauses and looks at the brown haired man. "you need to take me with you,"

"then i'm coming too," y/n says, crossing her arms. "mal is basically a sister to me. and there's no way, i'm letting the king go to the isle,"

evie looks at y/n, squeezing her hand with a smile on her face. 

"yes!" ben says, then looks at the girls. "uh...are-are you both sure?"

"yeah," evie nods. "she's my best friend. and we'll bring the boys too, because there's safety in numbers, and none of us is really too popular over there right now,"

"thank you," ben says. 

"but let's get two things straight," evie says, looking at ben. "you have to promise me that i won't get stuck there again,"

"i promise," y/n and ben say at the same time. 

"and there's no way you both are going there like that," ben fixes his blazer, almost offended as y/n looks down at her outfit. 

🦋

y/n looks in the mirror at the dark green clothes that evie quickly designed for her. dark green has never been a colour that y/n wear as much as the lighter greens. she pulls on the black beanie to cover her [hair/head/hijab]. carlos knocks on the door of her dorm. 

"hey, are you done?"

"yeah. i'm done," y/n says, still looking at herself in the mirror. she's wearing a dark green bomber jacket, a black top inside which has wings printed on the front in grey. she's wearing [a] dark green matching [trousers/shorts/skirt with tights]. and on her feet are black and grey boots with a heel. carlos opens the door just as y/n turns around. 

"woah..." carlos says, looking at his girlfriend. "wow, y-you look..."

"i look?" y/n laughs. "i know it isn't my style but-"

"you look amazing," he says, walking over to her. he holds her hand, kissing it. 

"thank you," she says. "i like your outfit too,"

"thank you," carlos chuckles. "come on. everyone's waiting,"

🦋

"jay, keys. remote," ben says, throwing the items to jay as him, y/n and the rest of the vk's run down the steps. 

"wait, some thing's wrong," evie says as everyone reaches the last step. everyone looks at the blue haired as she walks up to y/n. y/n looks at her as evie fixes her beanie. "there," 

"oh," y/n sighs with a smile.

"shot gun!" dude shouts, shocking everyone beside carlos.

"no, dude. stay," carlos says. "the isle is way too dangerous," he talks to the animal as if it is a normal thing.

"did he just...?" jay trails off. 

"talk?" carlos says. "yeah. i know. i'll tell you later," he glances to y/n just blinks.

"i don't even think want to know," y/n says.

"let's go," ben says.

"yeah," the three vk's and the two ak's jump into the limo. "okay, once we cross the bridge, park under the pier in the old garage. got it?"

"got it,"