chapter³⁸

aftermath

aftermath

🦋*.*〽〰*°.~°°〽.**•*〰**~°°°*〽*.〰**•*🦋

authors pov

12:15 PM, THE ISLE OF THE LOST

"you okay?" carlos and y/n ask each other at the same as they jump out the other end of the tunnel. "yeah i'm okay," they say again at the same time. 

"nice work out there, lonnie," carlos says, him and y/n running over to the covered limo. "come dude, hop in," dude jumps into the backseat of the limo. "now, you listen to me," he mumbles, making y/n laugh.

evie jumps out, lonnie holding her hand out for her. 

"let's go," she says, both of them running over to the limo.

"get in," carlos says. the four of them, getting in as jay is already in the drivers seat. ben jumps out of the tunnel, turning around to see mal still at the other end. 

"mal," he shouts out, his voice echoing through the tunnel. at the end of the tunnel, mal gives uma one good last look before turning to walk away. 

"no!" uma shouts out. "move!" she pushes harry out the way, barging into him. "get out of my way!"

mal hops out at the other end of the tunnel, ben's hand ready for her. he helps her down, from the height of the tunnel.

"come on, come on, come on," she says, both of them running to the limo. "swords," they throw their swords at the back of the limo, lonnie closing the trunk. all both jump in, jay driving them away. but mal drops her spell book. 

mal looks back with a sigh, breathing out heavily. 

"i'm really sorry that things didn't go the way you wanted them to," ben says to mal. evie, y/n, carlos and dude are at the back of the car with them.  

"i mean," mal starts. "as long as you're safe, that's..."

"well, i mean, at least i got to see the isle," ben says. "they're my people too. uma helped me see that,"

"ben, uma captured you," mal says, looking at him funny. 

"she's an angry girl with a bad plan. that's not so different from you when you came to auradon mal," ben says, looking at her. carlos', evie's and y/n's mouth fall wide open. 

"awkward..." dude says, making evie shush him. 

"dude, i know you can talk but doesn't always mean you should," carlos says, stroking the dog. 

"here we go!" jay says, opening the bridge. a golden glow covers the limo, y/n feeling her powers come back to her. "why don't you stop by practice later?" he says to lonnie who looks over at him with a smile. 

"what, in the mood to break some rules?" she asks him.

"no," he scoffs, making the girl giggle.