chapter³⁴

making the wand

making the wand

🦋*.*〽〰*°.~°°〽.**•*〰**~°°°*〽*.〰**•*🦋

authors pov

10:00 AM. AURADON, UNITED STATES OF AURADON

"hi," carlos says as dude runs over to him. carlos takes dude in his arms, rubbing his tummy. the trio, carlos, jay and y/n, have finally arrived back in auradon. "i'm so sorry. i'm late, dude. ben got captured," dude jumps down from carlos into y/n's rms. 

"hey, furry," she says. if she saw the look of adoration carlos just gave her, she would faint. as the two dog lover are about to walk in carlos' and jay's room, jay holds the both back by their shoulders. 

"why our door open?" the three of them walk into the room to see chad using the printer. again. 

"you've got to be kidding me," carlos says, making chad turn around. 

"i knocked," chad chuckles dryly after he quickly turns off the printer. 

"go on dude," y/n whispers, putting dude down. carlos puts his hand out, chad grunts. y/n puts her hand, and chad immediately gives her the key. he knows not to mess with her.

"what is that?" jay asks, motioning at the printer.  

"that's a little chad action figure," chad says with a chuckle. "zoom!" he pays around with it. "well, minus the head," 

"sounds like an improvement," carlos says. 

"excuse us," y/n says as the three barge past chad. 

"alright here we go," jay mumbles as carlos takes his phone out of his pocket. y/n starts pressing buttons, instructions for the printer. chad immediately follows them, putting his head on jay's shoulder. chad gasps, looking at them.

"why are you making fairy godmother's wand?" the three step back, unable to think of an excuse for chad. what none of them knew is that lonnie is walking past them. 

"why are we making fairy godmother's wand?" carlos asks jay, putting him on the spot. he could never do it to his girl. he likes her too much. lonnie stops to look in the bedroom to see one of her closest friends, her possibly love interest, his best friend. oh, and chad. 

"because, uh..." jay starts, but dude saves the day. ish. 

"ben's been captured!" dude shouts out. 

"what?!" chad laughs out. lonnie blinks at the information. "dude can talk?"

"i was stalling," carlos says, looking at dude. 

"i thought you forgot," dude says, looking at them innocently. y/n laughs, shaking her head. 

"it's okay, furry baby. don't worry about it," she says. jay hits chad in the pec.

"don't tell anyone," he says. "ben's life depends on it," lonnie looks at them, then walks away. 

"really?" chad smiles, wanting to bargain with them. y/n glares at him, a golden residue coming from her eyes. "i-i...never mind,"

"get out," she says as chad holds his head up high. 

"i'm taking this," chad says, pointing at his little action figure. "and if you think-" y/n closes the door with her magic, blocking out any sound. i love you. that's what carlos wanted to say to her. but he couldn't.

"you're the best," he says instead. 

"i know," y/n smiles. she reaches over and closes the printer. the wand is already in the making.

🦋

the boys snore as y/n looks at them both. she scratches dude's chin, whilst taking her phone out. she takes a picture, with a small laugh.

the printer beeps, waking jay. y/n walks over to them, kissing carlos awake. he hugs his girlfriend, wanting to go back to sleep. jay gets the wand of the printer as carlos yawns. 

"not bad," y/n says, pulling carlos up from the chair.

"yeah," jay says. 

"let's go," carlos says, the three of the getting their stuff. 

"hey, guys what about me?" dude asks with a whine.

"no dude. you stay," carlos says, pointing at him. "i'm serious, stay," dude whines. "i love you, buddy. we'll be back before you know it," and with that, the vk's and the one ak run out the door. they walk down the hallway, out the doors of the school to be stopped by doug.

"oh hey," he says. "have you seen evie?" he asks the three. jay hides the wand behind his back.

"uh...she went camping," y/n looks at her boyfriend. she doesn't know if she wants to laugh for him being for dumb or slap him for being so stupid.

"evie-i-want-to-live-in-a-castle," doug starts with a chuckle. "sleeping on the ground with no place to plug in a hair dryer?"

"she's extremely spontaneous, doug," y/n laughs, scratching her neck. "you know that more than anyone," doug shrugs, walking up the stairs. "bye, bye!"

"later doug," the three of them turn around to see lonnie right in front of them. she's wearing her training kit. 

"i'm coming with you guys," she says. carlos and jay laugh at lonnie.

"we don't need swords at the...waffle hut,"

"she's coming," y/n says, turning to face the boys. they go to protest but y/n looks at them. "right?" 

"right," the boy say. lonnie squeals, putting her arm around y/n. the two of them walk to the car as they boys just watch them.

"why did she just get so hot?"

"dude. that is literally my girlfriend?!"