00:31

"Graduation's really close," Levi spoke up, moving a chess piece.

Across the board sat Ronan, lounging across Elijah's sofa in a thick, grey hoodie, the hood barely covering his buzzed head. He was not taking the game nearly as seriously as his component. He shrugged lazily at Levi's statement and moved the King across haphazardly.

"Ronan!" Levi groaned with frustration. "You can't just move the King."

"We'll, it's not like I know how to play," Ronan grumbled. "You're the one who wanted to play, I told you I can't play for shit. Also, what's the time? My phone's dead."

"I'm excited to graduate," Clementine piped up, her book splayed across her chest.

To answer Ronan's question, she turned around and picked up Elijah's limp hand, checking the time on his silver Rolex.

"12:23," she answered, returning his hand back to where it lay around her waist.

She had been lounging in Elijah's lap, who had managed to fall asleep and yet still had his arms curled protectively around her. He was completely out, as men did, awake one second and in REM sleep the next.

On the opposite couch lay Aaron, who was also fast asleep. Although, that was of no surprise, the man was always half asleep whenever she saw him, and found sleep faster than a junkie found a needle.

"Really?" Levi tilted his head. "I'm kinda nervous."

"You'll be fine, no need for stressing," Ronan waved a hand dismissively. "I can't wait to be out of that shithole."

"I mean, yeah, I'm nervous," Clementine shrugged, lowering her voice so that she did not disturb Elijah's sleep. "We're most likely not even going to go to the same uni, and I don't know, I don't want to drift apart."

She turned pink at Levi and Ronan's exaggerated cooing and aweing. They enveloped her into a hug, smothering her into their chests.

"You're gonna miss us?" Ronan simpered loudly.

"Aw, we love you too," Levi wailed, squeezing her tight.

"Yeah, you guys are so funny," Clementine deadpanned, pushing them off her.

"I was interested in Oxford," Levi commented randomly.

Clementine brightened, turning to him with an excited smile. "Wait, me too!"

Levi grinned, the two of the clapping their hands together in a high-five.

"I don't even know where to go," Ronan grunted. "I honestly don't give a fuck."

"Why not Oxford?" Clementine smiled, brimming with excitement. "I mean, if two out of five of us are already planning to go there, you should come too."

He snorted, glancing at her.

"Yeah, fuck it," he shrugged. "Why not?"

She laughed, feeling a surge of excitement after a very long time.

Elijah awoke at the clamour, eyes bleary and confused, arms tightening around Clementine reflexively.

"What's going on?" He rasped, voice hoarse with sleep.

"Sorry, go back to sleep," Clementine smiled sheepishly, shooting daggers at the other two who had gone helpfully silent.