𝖎𝖎

𝕯𝖔𝖓𝖓𝖆 watched as an older boy and a younger girl neared her ever so popular yard. Kids and Teenagers loitered on the sidewalk out front. The boy came up to the porch and sat down to wait for his sister. His sister was dressed in a witches costume too.

               "Trick or Treat!" She greeted Donna, grinning adorably.

              "Well, would you look at that, you're a witch too?" Donna asked jokingly to the curly haired girl. She nodded excitedly and held her bag out.

                "Dani, can we go home yet?" Her brother called from the porch, Donna frowned in recognition at his voice. The little girl, or Dani, turned over her shoulder.

              "No." She stated simply. Donna smiled at them and tossed a handful of candy into her bag. "Thank you!" Dani said to Donna who smiled and winked. Screaming came from the sidewalk out front, startling Donna. Jay and Ice were chasing kids around trying to get their candy. Dani walked straight over, but her brother hung back.

                "For fucks sake." Donna muttered. Ice picked up a pumpkin from her lawn  and smashed it on the cement.

              "Ding-dong, ding-dong." Ice pretended to ring a doorbell.

              "Stop and pay the toll, kid." Jay said to the girl. "Ten chocolate bars, no licorice." He explained, not moving from her way.

               "Drop dead. Moron." Donna heard the girl sneer to the older boys, she let out a laugh and stepped off the porch to stand by her brother. The crowd around Jay and Ice "oooed".

               "She's feisty." Donna chuckled, turning to the boy. He removed his sunglasses instantly to show her who he was. "Max?" Donna asked in astonishment. "I thought for sure you'd be in tonight, hiding from the witches." She teased, removing her hat.

             "Ha ha, very funny. Had to take my sister around the neighborhood." Max explained, rolling his eyes.

             "Max!" Dani called for her brother, Donna watched Max stiffen as he slowly walked toward his sister hesitantly. Donna hung back by her porch.

               "Hollywood!" Ice sneered, grinning evilly at him and his sister. Jay and Ice ran to hug each other, pretending to fear Max. Donna rolled her eyes and walked up next to Max who stared them both down.

              "So, you're doing a little trick-or-treating?" Jay asked mockingly.

                "I'm just taking my little sister around." Max stated, Jay leaned into Max's face.

                "That's nice. Love the costume by the way!" Jay continued, Ice laughed. "But what are you supposed to be, a New Kid On The Block?" He whispered into Max's ear, flicking his hat.

             "You two must really be in desperate need of a life."  Donna scoffed at Jay and Ice, their younger bully friends slowly leaving the scene. "Do I have to tell you again? Leave Max alone, and his sister." Donna said to them firmly.

               "Awh, Hollywood's got a girlfriend. That's cute." Ice prodded, pulling a singular curl on Donna's head. She whipped around with fire in her eyes.

               "I don't see either of you two with a girlfriend, I wonder why? Oh, maybe it's because you need to grow the hell up!" Donna shouted in Ice's face, Jay leaping away from Max as if the Californian boy had turned to fire. Max watched as his bullies took off running at her rage.