31

I held her hand as Calum instructed her to sit on the bed.

He did temperature first, immediately looking to me

"101.2" he spoke to the room, making me sigh.

Definitely sick.

He took her blood pressure and pulse, both of which were normal.

He grabbed his stethoscope, listening to her heart- giving me a nod to confirm that everything was okay before moving to her lungs.

He made her take deep breaths, which she did calmly.

"She's got one hell of an upper respiratory infection- her lungs sound congested bad." He spoke, nodding for me to take a listen, which I immediately did.

I was almost hearing a wheeze, which alarmed me at how bad this infection got literally overnight- we had no warning of this.

"Okay pretty girl" Calum spoke, typing a few things into his computer.

"You are going to get a lovely steroid shot and some antibiotics today." He announced with a smile, earning no smile from her.

"And don't fret, I'm going to give you another shot to break that fever." He finished, standing to leave the room to grab everything, making her look to me, unamused.

"I don't want shots." She looked as if she was going to cry as she spoke to me, her voice congested.

I hugged her, feeling the heat coming off for her body, yet she covered her hands with the hoodie as if she were freezing.

"They will make you feel so much better, though." I told her, kissing her head gently.

"And how about this- I have a surgery scheduled that I can't cancel- so after that you and I will go home and rest from home, how's that sound?" I asked her.

Hesitantly, she nodded to me, leaning onto my shoulder as she did.

Soon Calum returned with two needles and a pill, making her immediately take the pill.

He did the first shot in the arm, which I knew was to break her fever.
The second was in her butt, which made her anything but happy, but she let him do it,

Once he finished, she rubbed her eyes, glancing between us.

"Mad at me?" Calum asked her, making her shake her head before walking into his hug, hugging him back.

"Go take a nap, if Luke can't get off after his first surgery, I'll figure out a way to bring you home," he told her, kissing her head.

I walked her back to my office, covering her on my couch, making sure she had everything that she needed before I kissed her forehead, telling her I'd see her after surgery.

"Goodluck" I heard her barely say before I left the room

"Thank you, pretty girl"

I text the guys in a groupchat, telling them the entire situation and asking them to check on her if they had a second.

Harley.

I woke up sweaty.

I immediately took off my hoodie, feeling sweat literally on my forehead, making me whine.

I was sweaty, but yet I had chills.

I tried to go back to sleep, but couldn't get my body comfortable due to the temperature situation

And just as I almost let myself cry, Michael entered, smiling as he crouched to me.

"I'm sweating, but yet cold." I told him, seeing him nod slowly.

"Your fever broke, the best thing to do is to just keep sleeping. I'm going to grab you a Gatorade"