38

Luke.

Over the next few days, I took off to make sure that Harley healed well from her concussion and other injuries and the guys continued to work.
I unenrolled Harley from the school, starting the enrollment process for her online school again, which she seemed excited about.

I tried to do the legal process of pressing charges on the girls that jumped her, even getting the police involved, but Harley refused multiple times.

We didn't know why she refused and she also didn't tell us why, but we listened to her.

But I did get the police to talk to each of the girls and parents about how serious the situation was and to basically scare them into never wanting to hit someone again.

According to the police, each girl cried during the talk and the parents were absolutely horrified to watch the video of what their daughters did to mine, and all asked for my phone number, but I had yet to have been contacted by any of them.

I was currently making pasta for Harley and I as she watched me, the bruise on the side of her eye was now more than prominent, you could see the perfect lines from the bottom of a converse shoe printed into her skin.

"You feeling okay? Any headache?" I asked her, knowing the only symptom she had been experiencing since everything was just minor headaches, which was normal from a concussion.

"I'm okay" she smiled lightly to me, making me smile back to her.

"Have you heard anything about any of the kids?" She asked me slowly, making me shake my head.

"Last I heard about was Jolie moving into two ladies house- her case worker said she was ecstatic." I told her, making her smile.

"Good, she deserves that." She mumbled.

"Are you excited to go to Australia?" I asked, knowing we had a trip planned to go for everyone to meet her, since they had been hearing so much about her for months now.

"Nervous, but excited too, yeah" she exhaled slowly, but her smile never faded.

"Why nervous?" I asked, making her shrug.

"I just- I have to meet your entire family." She spoke slowly.

I nodded, knowing it was valid for her to be nervous about that.
"Yeah, but they already love you and see you when I FaceTime them, so no reason to be nervous." I told her calmly.

"Yeah- I guess you're right." She gave me the smallest smile just as Calum walked through the front door, immediately pulling her into a hug from behind, which she held his hands into.

"What's going on?" He asked.

"Just talking about our trip to Australia." Harley spoke simply, making him hum.

"I can't wait, I'm going to teach you how to surf." He spoke, kissing her head extra gently, which made her smile.

"I barely know how to swim" she laughed, making him and I glance to each other.

"Well we have to start working on that." He spoke, making me laugh in agreement.

"How's my girls head feeling?" He asked, not talking to anyone in particular.

"Okay" she spoke to him.

"She's a little spacey still, but good other than that." I told him, seeing him nod.

"I am not spacey" she spoke back to me, confusion written on her face.

"You are. You've brought up six different conversations in the past five minutes and when I'm talking to you about it, I notice you aren't responding and when I look, you're just staring off and not listening to me. That's spacey" I laughed to her, making her roll her eyes.

"I think I'm just tired"