Ch. 12: Wait!

Wanda's POV

Gosh, she's so adorable when she's flustered! I love when I'm the one making her blush and I love that can get this kind of reaction from her too! I giggle slightly to myself as I watch how my comment has rendered her a nervous wreck. It was extremely cute to see Y/N stumble over her words as she attempted to come up with a response. Her reaction to my flirty comment gives me some semblance of hope that maybe she happens to feel the same way. The thought of what this could mean for us makes my heart flutter.

It definitely showed me that I should be bolder and braver when showing my interest in her. I refuse to allow Danvers to get in the way of what I've been trying to build with Y/N throughout the years. I cannot risk losing the opportunity to be with her just because I'm scared of rejection. Even if she doesn't feel the same way at least I can say that I tried and actually fought for her.

Moments like these give me hope that maybe I'm doing something right. Maybe there's a chance that we can make this work out if we both end up feeling the same way about each other. Y/N seems to go and say something but before she can get a word out, she is interrupted. Tony yells out for the group to gather around the fire pit so that we can all play truth or dare. I internally sigh and curse Tony for his poor timing before looking back at Y/N. I smile at her once I'm brought back to our moment and then I drag her toward the group.

I'm happy to find two empty seats next to each other and I sit down before watching Y/N sit in the seat next to me. I softly smile in her direction as she seems to do the same thing. Pietro approaches us and hands Y/N and me a drink and we both smile gratefully at him. He sits down next to me and the game passes by without any issues. Thankfully, I haven't had to have a turn yet which I'm grateful for. I was absolutely dreading playing truth or dare with the group since I have a feeling that something horrible is going to happen.

I don't know exactly what it is, but it feels like something is just going to go wrong. I'm afraid that whatever happens in this game could possibly affect any progress that I've made with Y/N. I try not to give it too much though and try to shake the feeling off. I try to focus on the moment by focusing on what's going on in the game and I attempt to enjoy myself with the rest of the group. I'm glad that so far, the questions and dares haven't been too bad. And I finally start to relax once I have finished off my first beer.

I start laughing loudly when Pietro is dared to give Monica a lap dance and I settle down once he comes to sit back down. However, my calm demeanor only last a few seconds when we both make eye contact and burst into laughter. Once everyone settled down the game continued on. I tried to pay attention, however, my gaze kept wandering over toward Y/N. I found myself lost in my thoughts as I quietly admired her for most of the game.

I only paid attention to the game when it was Y/N's turn which is kind of embarrassing if I'm being honest but oh well. I can't help but be entranced by everything that she does or says. When Monica asked her to read out her last text, I was expecting it to be something silly. However, my breath caught in my throat and my heart skipped a beat once I heard her read it off to everyone. Who was she talking about? She was obviously referring to someone since she said that they were out of her league but who exactly was it? And what would they not agree to?

I can't help but be stuck in thought after she reads off the text and I look at her willing the answers to come to me. And I hold out hope that she might be talking about me. I look away from Y/N for a moment and notice Carol is also staring at Y/N with a goofy grin on her face. She looks over at me and smirks causing me to glare daggers at her before returning my gaze to Y/N. She refuses to look anyone in the eye and simply continues on with the game. Her attempt at peace doesn't last very long, unfortunately.