Ch. 14: First Aid

Wanda's POV

Once I'm done taking a moment to take in what just happened, the severity of the consequences of fulfilling the dare start to settle in. And I find myself overcome with worry and fear at how this could affect my relationship with Y/N. I begin to pace up and down the room as different scenarios fill my head. I try to not get too worked up as I wait and hope that Y/N will come back to the room after her swim so that we can talk.

Seconds turn to minutes turn to hours and I watch the clock continue to tick by with no sign of Y/N. I slowly begin to lose hope that Y/N is going to come back to the room at all. Taking a break from my pacing, I lean against the nearest wall for a few minutes in an attempt to calm the raging storm currently going on within my head and heart. However, it seems to be of no use as I cannot calm down until I've spoken to Y/N. Before long I find myself sliding down the wall with my head in between my hands. And I am filled with nothing but regret at how today has unfolded.

  God, I really fucked everything up. I should've just said no to the dare or even walked away from the group. Y/N must hate me now and I probably pushed her right into Carol's arms. I feel like screaming and crying after what just happened but I'm not too sure that it would help anything. Instead, I sit in silence as I allow regret to consume me and my mind goes into overdrive with nothing but negative thoughts.

As I'm wallowing in my own self-pity, I hear a sudden knock on the door and scramble to get up. I hurry to open it hoping that it is Y/N so that we can talk about everything. My hopes are suddenly flushed down the drain when I open the door only to discover that it is in fact not Y/N. Instead, my twin standing on the other side of the door, and I find myself deflating in disappointment. "Piet, I really don't feel like talking or being made fun of right now so please just leave me alone." I quietly say to him in a sad and defeated voice.

Pietro simply stares at me with his arms crossed and has a serious look on his face for a moment. He finally steps inside the room causing me to sigh and shut the door behind him. I turn to look at him and find him already looking at me with the same look on his face before I see it softens considerably. "I came to see how you were doing after what just happened. Especially after you rushed away from the group like that." I am silent for a moment, but it isn't long before my bottom lip begins to tremble. Tears start to fill my eyes before finally rolling down my cheeks as I fall into his arms.

He holds me tightly as I sob in his arms, "God, I ruined everything, Piet! She'll never want to be with me after what just happened... God, you should've seen the look on her face! I can't get the way that she looked at me out of my head." Pietro sighs as he holds me and softly says, "Wanda... Don't be so hard on yourself. And don't say that you didn't ruin everything. Once Y/N comes back the two of you can talk and things will be fine. I'm sure of it." I shake my head not believing his words at all as I say, "No Piet you don't get it. You didn't see the way that she looked at me. I've never seen her look at me the way that she did after I kissed Vision."

Pietro chuckles lightly and sends me a half smile before saying, "See but that's the thing Wanda I was there, and I saw it happen from both ends. Sure, Y/N definitely didn't look happy about the kiss, but I really don't think that she was upset with you. Maybe she was just upset by the situation. That girl cares about you Wanda and I know that she's not going to throw away what you guys have or could possibly have over some stupid dare."

The things he says make sense in theory, but I still have trouble believing him. So he spends the next hour with me trying to convince me that Y/N still likes me and that I haven't ruined anything. Our conversation gets cut short when we suddenly hear the sound of loud shouts coming from downstairs. We look over at each other in confusion and concern as the shouting grows louder before running towards the commotion. On our way there, we ran into the other girls who also seem to be on their way to see what is happening and what is the cause of everyone's screaming and shouting.