Five

It has been two weeks since the hairdryer disaster day.

Tomorrow marks the start of the first day of college. So, today, Hazel and I are going for a picnic in the park. I think Kayla is coming, too.

I run a brush through my long hair. I missed it long. At the start of the summer it was almost shoulder short, and I didn't really like it. I thought it didn't look nice at all, and I couldn't get rid of it.

It was like a persistent person who wanted to be your best friend, but you actually didn't like them. They are always there, niggling you - and your can't shove them back no matter how hard you try.

Noah appears at the doorway. Again. He's always there when you least expect him to be.

"Going somewhere?" he asks.

"Yes." I nod. "I happen to know people outside of the inside, Noah."

"Can I come?" he asks. "I want to meet your friends."

"No!" I cry. "Noah; you'll probably set some kind of joke, or make snide comments on everything. You'll insult everyone and the whole day will be ruined. I'm sorry; but you're like an un-trained puppy."

Noah just smiles. "I promise, I'll be good."

I stubbornly shake my head. "Maybe next time. I really just want to spend some time with my friends."

Noah and I have been constantly throwing insults at each other for the past two weeks. It has become the new normal for us to be thinking of all sorts of ways to insult each other.

"Fine. Next time." Noah comes into my bedroom and sits on my bed.

"Get out, Noah." I sigh, spraying some perfume onto my body.

"I'm just watching!"

"Which sounds insanely creepy." I deadpan, grabbing my phone.

"I will scream if you do not leave."

"Fine then," Noah smiles. "Scream. I'll leave when you let me come."

"Noahhh." I moan. "Please?"

"Nope."

"Heads or tails then?" I ask him, taking a pound out from my purse.

Noah grins. "You just decide first."

"No," I proceed, shaking my head like I was talking to a toddler. "You go first."

"No you hang up!" Noah squeal, putting on a high pitched voice.

I can't help but laugh. "Stupidity, Noah."

Then, I decide on heads. "If it lands on tails, you come with me. If not, you don't come with me."

Please land on heads. Please land on heads.

It landed on heads. Phew.