33. Stubborn

Mahi was reading a book peacefully when loud whining voice startled him and the book fell on the floor.

'Mahi Bhaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii' a loud shriek entered his room.

Mahi- Ro, what the hell is wrong with you?

Vi- Yes what the hell is wrong?
He asked not understanding why he was so worked up and angry at him.

Ro- You, shut up! Don't u dare speak a word!
He said pointing to Virat.

Ro- Mahi bhai, ur Cheeku has gone crazy.. he is completely mad! I am not gonna talk to him.
He said puffing his Cheeks in anger.

Mahi looked at Virat who said 'I have no idea, what's wrong with him'.

Mahi- Ro, kiddo, kya baat hai?
He asked softly seating beside him.

Ro- Bhai, Vi has got 8 stitches in his hand and he is telling that he will play tomorrow! U tell him Na not to do that, he is not listening to me!

Rohit said whining his care for Virat. Virat was surprised that this was the reason he came to Mahi. Mahi saw Virat hiding his hand behind his back.

Mahi- Show me your hand Cheeku!
Mahi said getting up and standing in front of Virat.

Vi- bhai wo..

Mahi- NOW Cheeku!
He said sternly.

Virat slowly got his hand forward, Mahi saw how it was bandaged and had swelled because of that.

Mahi- No way u are playing tomorrow!
Am I CLEAR?
He said sternly.

Vi- Bhai it's not paining! And I will take pain killers if it will! Please I want to play bhai..
he said trying to convince him as he did to Ro.

Mahi- I said NO Cheeku!
He said more sternly.

Vi- No bhai, I am gonna play! Your care and concern I understand and I love that. But I am not gonna sit idle..
I am going to play.
He said stubbornly.

Ro was gonna say something but the knock on the door stopped him. Mahi opened the door and saw Ab there.

Ab- Hey MS, I hope am not disturbing you! I wanted to talk about something.

Ro- Abhi isko kya baat karni hai?
He mumbled in annoyance.

Vi- Ro baat sun pls..

Ro- don't talk to me, I am angry at you!
He said turning his face.

Ab came inside with Mahi. He didn't knew Virat and Rohit were there.

Vi- What are you doing here Bis.. I mean Ab?
He avoided calling him Biscotti, because Rohit was already angry at him.

Ab- MS, actually I am here to talk to you!
He said ignoring Virat which shocked the trio.

Mahi- Yes Ab!

Ab- Can you please tell Virat to not play tomorrow? He is not listening to anyone! Apparently he is the 'captain' so he can do anything..
I don't have that authority and right on him as you so if u could tell him.
He said ignoring Virat's look of guilt.

Rohit and Mahi could feel the hurt in Ab's voice for the first time. They understood that Virat and Ab may have had this discussion which ended in an argument.

Virat was feeling guilty listening to Ab's words. He regretted that he said that 'He is the captain' but he never told Ab that he does not have right on him.

Mahi- Cheeku why are u being so stubborn kiddo? What if it gets worse? Please try to understand!
He said cupping his cheeks.

Virat looked at him with moist eyes that were screaming- 'Please let me play'. Mahi saw that.